X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

Bet that loss of orientation was a pucker moment Lon!
    Oh wow....there was a moment where i thought i was going to lose it. Was sun blinded, thought to myself hold it steady, you'll see it in a moment. Then when i started to see it again, i thought it was going away from me, but it wasn't..no it is..no...YIKES! Phew..got it. big sigh.
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Hey Lauren, I know, it's confusing, I'll edit this as I clear this up. The first fellow is a regular to NEFI, his name is Dan (great name!),
      then Mr. and Mrs. 'Captain Mike' Smith, better know as Mike and Valerie, next was Bill with his incredibly fast prop plane, see Lon's video, the next fellow is Will, see Ryan's comment down below, quite the creative guy, then comes the one and only Charlie Brown aka Warbird Charlie aka OV10, followed by the incredibly gifted Ryan Ramsay aka Pilot Ryan, followed by future HobbySquawk member Kevin Frasier, followed by our own Ben Jack!
      Front Row: The humble pilot and co conspirator of getting all together, my humble self Dan Gross aka Grossman56, the incredible great guy and all round fine pilot Lon Louvar, followed by Jay Smith, organizer of NEFI.
      Team Gross!

Comment

Hey this is Dans Mustang maiden. Sorry I dont have time to clean it up any. Been really busy and I am shipping out Sunday for a ten day quick relief trip job. So, no flying until July 4th weekend for me. The video is still uploading so be patient please. Probably in about an hour

Comment

Here's the skydrive version of all 578 pics if anyone wants to download, these ones are great.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Hey Lauren, I know, it's confusing, I'll edit this as I clear this up. The first fellow, I believe was a volunteer, any more info would be appreciated,
            Then Mr. and Mrs. 'Captain Mike' Smith, better know as Mike and Valerie, next was Bill with his incredibly fast prop plane, see Lon's video, the next fellow was a great guy, but again, I didn't catch his name, Mike and Ryan know him so maybe they'll help out there, then comes the one and only Charlie Brown aka Warbird Charlie aka OV10, followed by the incredibly gifted Ryan Ramsay aka Pilot Ryan, followed by future HobbySquawk member Kevin Frasier, followed by our own Ben Jack!
            Front Row: The humble pilot and co conspirator of getting all together, my humble self Dan Gross aka Grossman56, the incredible great guy and all round fine pilot Lon Louvar, followed by Jay Smith, organizer of NEFI.
            The first fellow is Dan next to Val and Mike and then Bill, then Will in the middle in the blue hat. Dan and Will have been at every NEFI as well, super smart guys who know there stuff. Dan builds circuit boards and stuff. Every body asks Dan where he gets his stuff or where they can find it. It became comical after a few times when the answer is always I made it and its available nowhere unless your a rocket scientist.lol

Comment

Thanks Ryan, I didn't get to chat with Dan, but now I remember Will's name. Mike was telling me they had a mod to the tail of a Pandora so the steering would be more realistic. That would be something interesting.
              I'll change the info on the picture, thanks buddy!

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

I redid the one drive link, it didn't have all the pictures for some reason.
                here it is again.
                Team Gross!

Comment

Well, it was a great time, I'm not sure if anyone else was taking pics, but thanks to Ben and Lon for the videos. I guess Mike and Ryan have been busy, but hopefully theirs will be up soon, I can't wait to see them.
                  Charlie got his new Skyraider and Ben is into his Pulse, Lon got another P38 and I got the E flite Spitfire so we're all planes ahead. Heading for Riverton Wyoming for their fly in next weekend, trying to talk the wife into taking the trailer so we could over night it, but so far.....
                  Oh well, she did go all the way to Muncie so I can't complain.......

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Hope i'm not stealing Kevin's thunder. But he has just posted videos from NEFI this year. Here's one with Charlie(OV10), Pilot Ryan and myself. Thanks Kevin!!

Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

HEY!!!
                      'Bout time some of the other video footage showed up!!
                      Great stuff Kevin!
                      Has he ever signed up on HobbySquawk??
                      Got some good shots of all the planes and what a great time we all had there, looking forward to next year!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

A great show from Captain Kevin, I thought we had him talked into joining us here on the Squawk, anyone know if he's here incognito??

Anyway, great job on the videos!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

I am coming to NEFI this year and looking forward meeting everyone here on the Squawk! I do have one question is there a place there to charge batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                            I am coming to NEFI this year and looking forward meeting everyone here on the Squawk! I do have one question is there a place there to charge batteries?
                            Hey Mad Baron! Yes, there is electrical outlets to plug your charger into. An extension cord would be a good thing on your packing list. I had a great time at NEFI. Looking forward to a great time again this year.
                            Lon

Comment

Lon
                              Thanks for the info on the electric outlets I will be sure to pack a extension cord with my planes! I am looking forward to going this year should be fun!

Comment

That reminds me, I have to bring a power strip or two again this year, came in handy last year. MB, we had power fight across the flightline with everyone hooking in. Worked out great!
                                You'll have a great time, it was a lot of fun last year, and its great to meet people in person, puts a different perspective on the Squawkers when we get to meet in person.
                                We need a Squawk t shirt or logo or something

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

I just looked at AMA event calendar and as of right now NEFI is scheduled for June 16-18.

Comment

Good news MB, I've been watching for the official announcement, time to bug Jay!!

Funny how that came about, Ryan just happened to mention Nefi last year when I said I'd be in Wisconsin and it would be great to get together with some of the guys. He told me about Nefi and it sounded tailor made for a Squawk get together.

Out of little acorns...
                                    This year is going to be even better an last year was great!!
                                    I'll have to get right on with booking that time off.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Just took a look at the Nefi website and nothing is posted there yet, so I sent Jay an email to update us. I'll post his reply as soon as I hear.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

I got this date from the Calendar of IAC Events and NATS Schedule from the AMA site and the NEFI is scheduled for June 16-18.

Comment

• Yep, just got an e mail from Jay confirming that date!!!

So boys, mark your calender and start getting ready for the best little get together with all your Squawk buddies!!!

Who's coming??!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X