X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina Hurricane.

Hey guys. I was just wanting to touch base with fellow pilots here in NC and make sure that they and there family's fared the really rough weather that occurred this past weekend. I hope that there wasn't any tragic occurrences. Here in Cumberland country it was really rough with alot of flooding here in the cape fear basin in Fayetteville. I myself am still out of power with no promises as to when any will be back on. We lost several ponds , lakes and roadways. Anyhow was just concerned about others that I've seen on hobby squawk and hope you and your loved ones are all safe.
    Dewey l

It's good to hear you came out pretty well. Hopefully your friends and family faired as well. Things can be replaced people can't.

Comment

Thank-you Farmflyer. It's often easy to not think of others when there not in the same state or are. We have things going on all around us and this is a large community and I appreciate your thoughts at this time. Matthew punched the Carolina's pretty hard and the storm on Saturday was awful at one time the water was less than inches from coming in the front door with winds that by the end of the day took down a very old pecan tree in my back yard and some really old Oaks in neighboring yards. Family and friends came out okay with the exception that alot including myself are without power and water. I hadn't heard from any of the other guys from NC but I'm just hoping they came through okay as well. Thank-you again for your concern and kind thoughts.
      Dewey l

Comment

Hi Dewey,

Glad to hear you and your family are safe. We're praying for all you folks down there. It will be a while before life returns to normal. Take care.

Todd

Comment

I don't live there, but I have a son in Myrtle Beach and one in Charlotte. The one in Myrtle drove up and stayed with the one in Charlotte for a few days while the electric was out in his neighborhood. Neither experienced any real damage or flooding, for which their Mom and I are grateful.

Jim

Comment

Wvrailfan I'm glade to hear they were safe and didn't get to much flooding. The Lunchroom and Hope Mills and the Fayetteville are were not so lucky. It has been heartbreaking to see the things I've seen over the last week working in the areas hit the hardest. Even in Lyon they found a family of 3 drown in there car from water surges coming from breached damns in the area. One of the people we worked for said that when the main surge that hit his house the water was only 12" deep when he looked outside and he went to his kitchen and got a sandwich and was going up his steps to the second floor and before he got all the way to the top his door flew open and water gushed ion all the way to the top of the caseing. I'm really glade your family was in the fortunate category.
            Dewey l

Comment

My phone is replace things again. There's 2 errors that should be Lumberton.
              Dewey l

Comment

Working...
              X