X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Your Member Ratings and Experiences Here

Recently I was cleaning out the Classifieds, removing obsolete threads where items were sold. Since we currently do not have SOLD tags or indicators in the subject line from items that have sold (currently you have to click on the thread, scroll down to find out if the item is still available unless the thread owner can remember to edit their thread title), there's no way to know which items are still for sale just by glancing through the forum subject titles.

Member AkumaZeto sent me a PM wondering why his thread was deleted. Turns out, he wanted the member who purchased the item to be able to post his experience so other members could benefit from the rating. So it was decided to create this thread that allows members to rate fellow member's in regards to their experience with their transaction. Currently we don't have an official member rating system built in to the back end but I will be looking into that as it would be a great addition to the community, further bolstering the power of a self-policing classified system. So for now, this thread will be a way for you to communicate your experiences to fellow members for their benefit.

So let's follow a standard member rating system. Positive, Neutral, and Negative.

Please use the following format when applying a rating to a member:

Rating: (The word Positive, Neutral, or Negative here) in bold.

Example:

Rating: Positive

For your description please provide as much information as possible. The more information you provide the more others will be able to discern the experience and make an informed decision when dealing with that member for future transactions. You don't need to write a novel but please avoid short descriptions like; "Shipped okay." and so forth. The Honor System is vital here. Be fair in your experience but above all else be honest.

So without further ado, rate away!

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Guess I get to kick the "Rating Show" off in good fashion. :Cool:

Seller: AkumaZeto
    Item Sold: FMS 1500 P-47 NIB
    Description: As advertised, it was NIB as though it had been shipped from the Motion warehouse.
    Communication: Pretty much real time via Squawk PM.
    Shipping: Same day he received the money order and by shipper of my choice (USPS)
    Experience: Because the item was advertised for considerably less than retail market value I was a little nervous about doing the deal but then I figured this is the Squawk and everyone here(except one that was banned ;)) pretty much seem to be stand up type of folks and that is exactly how Ben is. He's happy and I'm happy so it was a good transaction. THANX AGAIN BEN FOR THE SUPURB DEAL !!

Rating: POSITIVE

Very Best Regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Nice! Good job on the format too!
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Item Sold: Custom Paint Service for 1/5 Scale Pappy Boyington Pilot
        Description: Excellent custom painting skill for RC pilots (and other RC applications).
        Communication: Via Squawk PMs.
        Shipping: Shipped to me before even receiving the money order (USPS)

Experience: I shipped my 1/5 scale Pappy Boyington pilot for my ESM Corsair to Ben to have him paint him for me. He went above and beyond! Absolutely STUNNING scale quality (see below before and after)! Ben was extremely communicative throughout the entire process even posting update photos on a regular basis. He did a fantastic job packaging and shipping Pappy to insure he would survive the 2,000 mile journey unscathed. I cannot wait to add him in the full depth cockpit where he will permanently reside in my ESM F4U Corsair. Thanks Ben!! If I need any other pilots or RC parts painted to professional level degree, you are my go to guy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pappybeforeafter1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	110647

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Seller: OV10
          Item Sold: Top Flight Giant Scale Corsair kit
          Description: As advertised, it was new in box
          Communication: Hobby Squawk PM
          Shipping: USPS as soon as OV10 received payment
          Experience: Item was less than retail price with extra parts (Wheels, throttle servo, engine mount and various other parts) Very pleased and happy with the transaction and the kit!:Cool: The plane was well packaged for shipping with no damage.

Comment

Item Sold: Custom Paint Service for 1/3 Scale Aces of Iron WWI German Pilot
            Description: Excellent custom painting skill for RC pilots
            Communication: Via Squawk PMs.
            Shipping: Fast return shipping and packed well.

Experience: Began communication on price and arrangements. After he received the pilot, we talked about ideas and finishes. He kept me informed with pictures of the progress every step of the way. He completed the work ahead of schedule and shipped back Priority mail. The pictures looked great, but the detail work was even better in person. Very realistic color choices and finishes. I would recommend his work to anyone that wants a great looking pilot!

twowingtj

Comment

Item Sold: Custom Paint Service for 1/7 Scale Aces of Iron WWII American pilot converted to RAF
              Description: Unbelievable quality and workmanship and a great price!
              Communication: Via HobbySquawk PMs and thread
              Shipping: Came back in excellent condition and well packed.
              Experience: Let me just echo what Twowingtj says!! The thrill of getting a high quality (read high value) product in your airplane is just beyond great. In the past, I've painted two of these pilots in a smaller scale for my P-40 and P-51D and was tempted to do the same with this one. I decided, "What the heck" and with Ben's offered service. I'm I ever glad I did. After trying to paint my own, I can appreciate the work that went into this and the level of detail is amazing!!

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

Item Sold: Custom Paint Service for 1/12th scale JHH pilot busts for F-4 Phantom
                Description: Unbelievable quality and workmanship and a great price!
                Experience:
                Got my JHH 1/12th F-4 pilots back from Ben yesterday and they look fabulous. He brought out detail on them I didn't realize was there. Quick turn and very reasonable price. He even added VF-84 Jolly Roger's patches to the shoulders. Compare to the the original pilot on the left...so much better. Thanks again Ben.

Click image for larger versionName:	IMG_20180403_124725.jpgViews:	2Size:	216.5 KBID:	126756
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image_23034.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	126758

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	C0919EF7-9EAF-47BD-86E5-E40AF6A47A4E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	128145

Item Sold: Custom Paint Service for 1/12th scale pilot busts for F-4 Phantom
                  Description: Awesome work and at a great price!
                  Communication: HobbySquawk PMs and thread
                  Shipping: Fast shipping in excellent condition and well packed.
                  Experience: Ben brought out detail on them and he even added the Sundowners patches. Thanks Ben!

Comment

Item Sold: Custom Paint Service for 1/11th scale Huey crew
                    Description: Excellent Work, great price!
                    Communication: HobbySquawk PMs
                    Shipping: Fast shipping in excellent condition and well packed.
                    Experience: Did an excellent job painting the crew, and had incredible attention to detail on the uniforms!

Comment

Item Sold: Custom Paint Service for MRC 3D printed cockpit and ladder parts for the F-4 Phantom
                      Description: Again, unbelievable quality and workmanship and a great price!
                      Experience:
                      As soon as I got my F-4 3D printed parts from MRC I sent them to Ben to paint and he again did a Phantastic job. The ladders were amazing. I am still in the process of making my static cockpit display and will post pics when done.

Comment

Working...
                      X