X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a FMS 5060 300kv motor

If anyone has one please let me know! It is the stock motor from any of the 1700mm Warbirds. I am looking to replace the one that ejected from my P-47.

I take it your looking for second hand one because we do have this in stock but Horizon has this motor at 86.49 ouch but here is the link if your interested https://www.motionrc.com/products/fms-5060-kv300-motor

Comment

Yeah, I'd prefer a used one. The new one was a lot of money to have fly away into a field...

Comment

If you can't find a very good used one, here's a few that would fit your bill. Remember, when you buy used, you don't really know how good it is or how it was run. I've had excellent results with the Turnigy motors & they're priced quite reasonably.

Denny

PROPDRIVE v2 motors are designed to perform right out of the box with tight windings, smooth bearings, correctly rated magnets, precision cut stator and balanced rotors.

*** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
        *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Thanks Denny, but I am going to be running a high amperage setup that was specifically tested on the FMS motor (18.6" 4 blade Variorop) on 6S. I have also had many good experiences with the Turnigy motors, but they don't quite have the amperage tolerance that the FMS does. Might just have to get one new and postpone the A-10 order by a bit.

Comment

Ok DD.........so now you got my curiosity up. :Thinking:
            What mad modder shenanigans are you up to with this setup that you would actually say something like postpone (SHAME ON U :P) the A-10 a bit ??
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Ha, just trying to fix the P-47. The 18.6" 4 blade vario is almost exactly scale diameter for the jug, and someone has already tested this setup with the 1700mm Corsair on the stock motor.. And rent is due this week..

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                If anyone has one please let me know! It is the stock motor from any of the 1700mm Warbirds. I am looking to replace the one that ejected from my P-47.
                I bought this motor for my 1700 mm corsair. It was a direct drop in and it has a lil more punch for the same price.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by benjack71 View Post

I bought this motor for my 1700 mm corsair. It was a direct drop in and it has a lil more punch for the same price.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fms-5060-kv360-motor
                  That was actually the one that I had in there originally. Great motor, but since I am going with a slightly 18.6" bigger prop, I'd prefer to have the lower KV stock motor.

Comment

Hey f106deltadart. I still have my 1700mm Frankie in the box not assembled yet. Ive also already got the 5060 360 already sitting here to go in it. My intentions are to put the new motor in it before maiden flight. PM me and ee will talk.
                    Dewey l

Comment

Some time back, I bought a bunch of motors when Banana was "dumping" their FMS stuff. I just checked and I have a new 5060-300kv motor.

Bob

Comment

Wow! This is an old thread but I've been working for a solution on this for a while so let me bring you up to date on what I've been able to solve. First, I'm doing this for my Hangar 9 P51D 20cc ARF and making it electric. I looked all over for an alternate motor to drive the 4-blade prop set up I chose which was the FMS 17x10 4-blade prop used on their 1700mm Corsair. I guess I went about this backwards but I really like the FMS 4-blade prop with the 12mm HEX recess in their "Prop Holder". It seems to provide a much tighter grip on the blades and eliminates any wobble subsequently blowing apart in mid flight. :) Anyway, the key to all this is the applicable FMS prop adapter that has the 12mm HEX tooled into the shaft and fits snugly into the prop holder.

Now - this is where I found the curve ball. Turns out that though there are several motors out there; Turnigy and others that are as good or better than the FMS 5060 300Kv motor BUT FMS is the only motor that accommodates the "4 screws" on the prop adapter. Seems everyone else's motors have only "3 screw holes and I've not been able to find a prop adapter with "3" holes that have the 12mm HEX head. So, unfortunately, I was locked into the FMS 5060 300Kv motor. It was 2X the cost of others but I figure I spent way more than that researching it to save money let alone the delays in my build process. I'm not one to step over a dollar to pick up a nickel but it is what it is.
                        There are several videos out there that show this prop setup and 5060 motor driving other large scale H9 birds so I'm sure you can't go wrong. Note: There is a new 5060 360Kv motor out now but I'd be cautious about the 360Kv over driving the prop and exceeding the heat spec. The only remaining challenge I have is finding a 95mm (3.7") 4-blade spinner for my H9 P51. There are two blade spinners available but True Turn is the only option so far for a 4-blade spinner but they won't even kiss you first for the price so I'm still looking.LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X