Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This company seems to be very active right now. I just received another complaint about this company impersonating the Freeewing factory. Please be careful everyone!

Comment

Yup, could be the same scammer impersonating FMS as well. People should know that FMS and Freewing do not sell direct, at least not to N. America.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        Yup, could be the same scammer impersonating FMS as well. People should know that FMS and Freewing do not sell direct, at least not to N. America.
        XV............ unless FMS has recently changed their program, that is not an accurate statement.
        When I had my garage incinerator fleet reduction, I replaced (fall 2018) my FL Tigercat with the FMS Tigercat direct from FMS when they had a sale that was less expensive than what I could get the Flight Line version for.
        The "REAL" FMS site ( FMSmodel.com ) in todays recovering market just doesn't have a lot of inventory now and their prices have gone stupid when compared to Horizon.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

XV............ unless FMS has recently changed their program, that is not an accurate statement.
          When I had my garage incinerator fleet reduction, I replaced (fall 2018) my FL Tigercat with the FMS Tigercat direct from FMS when they had a sale that was less expensive than what I could get the Flight Line version for.
          The "REAL" FMS site ( FMSmodel.com ) in todays recovering market just doesn't have a lot of inventory now and their prices have gone stupid when compared to Horizon.
          You are right about the "out of stock" situation. It seems they have very little in the way of "in stock" items, particularly planes. About year and a half ago, when I tried to buy an "in stock" plane directly from FMS, I was shown something like this (I paraphrase): "Please refer to your local distributor for purchase." In this case, it's Horizon Hobby. Before this time frame, I and others in my area used to purchase planes directly from FMS to take advantage of the "free shipping" for purchases over $99.00US. They seem to no longer have this notice about only dealing with Horizon. I just tried and I can put an "in stock" plane into the cart. I haven't even tried to do this for a very long time. I've been buying all my FMS stuff from my local hobby shop or RC Castle.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            You are right about the "out of stock" situation. It seems they have very little in the way of "in stock" items, particularly planes. About year and a half ago, when I tried to buy an "in stock" plane directly from FMS, I was shown something like this (I paraphrase): "Please refer to your local distributor for purchase." In this case, it's Horizon Hobby. Before this time frame, I and others in my area used to purchase planes directly from FMS to take advantage of the "free shipping" for purchases over $99.00US. They seem to no longer have this notice about only dealing with Horizon. I just tried and I can put an "in stock" plane into the cart. I haven't even tried to do this for a very long time. I've been buying all my FMS stuff from my local hobby shop or RC Castle.
            Thats good news, now ya can get back to getting some free shipping again .......... EH (when they get some freekin inventory again)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Thats good news, now ya can get back to getting some free shipping again .......... EH (when they get some freekin inventory again)
              Of course, we all know that the scam FMS site ALWAYS has stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                Hi Balone10, welcome to Hobby Squawk. I work for Motion RC, and I'm at the Freewing factory here in China about three times a week, so I'm likely the most qualified person to speak on this topic. Freewing is one of our key partners and we've established a close working relationship over the past six years. I can tell you, with 110% certainty, that "freewing-model.com" is a FAKE WEBSITE. Do not send money to that website under any circumstances. They are not an authorized Freewing dealer, and instead are imposters trying to pose as the real Freewing and trick people by capitalizing on Freewing's good name.

Motion RC and the real Freewing have been working for nearly a year to combat copycat clone websites created by unscrupulous scammers. We've involved different levels of law enforcement and other authorities, but websites like "freewing-model.com" continue to scam people. The best way to help us shut down these lowlifes is to spread the word and reference this discussion thread here, so others can avoid being swindled from a fake website. Being Freewing's largest worldwide partner, our tech support team at Motion RC has had to help people who came to us thinking they had been scammed by the real Freewing. This is frustrating for us to see. As you can imagine, it takes a lot to build trust in a company but only one bad experience to sow mistrust. Fake websites undermine the genuine efforts of Freewing to set new heights in the RC foam electric hobby sector.

Please help spread the word to only buy from authorized Freewing resellers. That list is short, and "freewing-model.com" is NOT on it.
                Thanks for the headsup.
                So, their real site is this then?

Comment

I'm not sure as I only buy from Motion or Raymond at Hobby Paradise or RC Castle. There is also a fake FMS site so be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8pics View Post

Thanks for the headsup.
                    So, their real site is this then?

www.freewingmodel.com
                    It might be as they don't sell direct off that website. They only refer you to their "distributors" of which MotionRC and RC Castle are included. On the most part, any information about any Freewing product can be garnered from the distributor's websites, so I wouldn't even bother to bookmark that one anyway. Who knows, someone could easily clone the site and dupe people into buying once some familiarity is achieved.

Comment

Just spent 3 day wasting his time, now his name is Linda
                      It was a pleasure to waste my time on this, as i fooled him to believe i wanted a distributor deal and placed and order of 24 000$

I encourage everyone else to contribute and waste more of his time, sales@freewing-model.com

Comment

I think also you can add Freewing.co.uk to the list as well both web sites are as near as damn it the same the main difference I can see is the photo of the female on live chat

Comment

We found another SCAM site today www.freewingmodel.net. This guy is relentless and seems to have multiple sites with multiple vendors (Freewing, FMS, Horizon, etc.). We want everyone to be aware so you don't get taken by this fraudster.

As a reminder, in North America and Europe, Motion RC is the only authorized distributor of Freewing products.

Comment

Thanks, I've bookmarked it and labelled it as FAKE to warn others. The format to all these websites seem to be the same. He may be relentless but he's also very cheap and lazy and not very inventive to make a better looking site.

Comment

Working...
                            X