X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imax B6AC V2 charger

Just got a Imax B6A2 V2 charger. The included instructions are just about worthless, Got on Youtube and found a lot of helpful info. But never could find out if this charger shuts off automatically. Or do you have to watch the voltage on the screen and when it reaches the correct voltage shut it off manually. Charge mostly 3,4 and 6 cell batteries.

Originally posted by exf4mech View Post
    Just got a Imax B6A2 V2 charger. The included instructions are just about worthless, Got on Youtube and found a lot of helpful info. But never could find out if this charger shuts off automatically. Or do you have to watch the voltage on the screen and when it reaches the correct voltage shut it off manually. Charge mostly 3,4 and 6 cell batteries.
    Like most modern day LiPo chargers, it will stop charging when it senses that the battery is full. The charger itself will not shut off. However, you should never leave any battery unattended while on the charger, whether it's finished or not.

Comment

I've got one. It does stop on it's own. Also you can download the Charge Master software from SkyRC and monitor and control the charge from your computer.

Comment

I have the same charger and works great. Get a LiPO charging bag or a Bat-Safe charging case and use it. I know some people use steel ammo cans as well to charge their LiPOs. I have both so take my LiPO in a charging sack and the I have empty sack the put used LiPOs in at the flying field.

Comment

Some LiPo charging fires I know of were proven to start in the charger due to blocked cooling vents.
          Those little "feet" on the charger are there to provide an air space under the charger and they need that space.

Put the charger on a hard smooth heat resistant surface. I set mine on a spare 12 inch square ceramic floor tile.
          Setting the chargers on carpet or an upholstered chair was the source of 4 fires. (fortunately one set on a standard desk chair just burned the chair.)

Its not hard to charge safely.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
          X