X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Charger

I'm currently learning to fly on the Apprentice s 15e. Its a great trainer but the supplied charger, to be charitable, is not so great. As I'm progressing well and likely to move up to more advanced planes and transmitters, I'm looking to replace the charger with a dual ac/dc model to serve me well now and in the future. Considering the Hitec X2 High Power Multifunction 250 watt and the SkyRc D400 Ultimate Duo 400 watt. They seem similar other than the SkyRc costs $50 more, provides an additional 150 watts and a charge current up to 20amps x2 whereas the Hitec is 10amps x2. Presumably, the SkyRc will charge a bit faster but as a practical matter I'm not sure that's worth an extra $50. Anyone have any experience with and recommendations on either of these chargers or something else at $200 or less? Thanks for your input and expertise.

Depends what you are doing. I have a Hitec X2-400 and I push its limits sometimes., along with running a 4-port 50 watts per port and other chargers at that same time.

Most won't push the limits of the X2-250
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Not looking to do anything sexy. Just balance charge at 1C, discharge, storage charge mostly 3 and 4s 2200 -4000 mah and some 6s 3600 - 5000 mah batteries mostly at home (ac) and occasionally at the field (dc) within a reasonable period of time.

Comment

50watts is appx 4S at 3.3 amps. I can do 4S 3300 at 1C on the 50 watt per port 4 port charger. until they are nearing full, then it slows down.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
        X