X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Battery???

What is difference in buying 1800 mah 25C and 2200 30C?  Is it extra flight time only ?  My motor seems a tiny faster with 2200 over 1800 but not so much that I really notice it.  I know the 30C refers to amps but if the motor is only going to ask for so many amps and it is less than 30C ...should it matter?

RE: Which Battery???

Greetings,

There are many excellent videos on YouTube that provide a wealth of information on understanding the in's and out's of LiPo batteries.

Here's one to get you started. You can search from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=-vK8o9Y84gM

Best of luck,

Bill L.
    in Okla.

Comment

RE: Which Battery???

Originally posted by trying2fly
      What is difference in buying 1800 mah 25C and 2200 30C?  Is it extra flight time only ?  My motor seems a tiny faster with 2200 over 1800 but not so much that I really notice it.  I know the 30C refers to amps but if the motor is only going to ask for so many amps and it is less than 30C ...should it matter?
      C ratings being the same in theory a 2200 will give more flight time than an 1800. Think of the mah mili amp hours as capacity in a fuel tank. C rating is the rate at which the fuel can be delivered, so to speak. Higher count mah ie 2200 have a mathematical advantage on the power they can deliver. It's not uncommon to see an 1800 3s pack boast a C rating that is mathematically impossible.

That being said it is best to start with manufacturers recommended callouts for battery size/mah and C rating. Example, you have a plane that calls for a 2200 25c rated battery. You will be fine to use a battery that is larger and or exceeds the C rating all day long. The trouble can start when we use a lesser rated C battery. In the same application a 2200 15C rated battery will be over taxed by the aircrafts power system which can cause a myriad of bad things to happen all usually resulting in a crash or property damage. Best case scenario is you only damage the battery and it puffs, which is not good at all either.

I'll quote a friend here...
      "clear as mud?"

PS Thanks Bill for the link!

Comment

Working...
      X