X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Transport and Storage

I field questions often about how best to transport batteries. My recommendation is a metal case which can be completed closed against the elements. Ammunition boxes are probably the most popular, and are readily available for $15-$30 at online stores like Amazon or at your local Army Surplus store.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ZAA-095

Keep in mind, ammunition boxes come in many shapes and sizes, so be sure to cross reference your batteries' dimensions with the interior dimension of the ammunition box. If you're purchasing the box locally, I recommend also inspecting the locking mechanism and the handles. Some of these boxes are actual military surplus, and can have rusted areas or pits, which over time can compromise the handle. Having that handle fail while you're carrying a heavy load full of batteries inside is not fun. Ask me how I know!

I store my batteries in these ammunition boxes as well. They are stackable and easy to mark. As an added precaution when charging, I put my battery in a Lipo-safe charging bag, and place that bag inside an empty ammunition box. It only takes one accident, one time, for things to go wrong. Whichever type of transportation and storage method you use, please always exercise extra safety when handling lipo batteries.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes
Working...
X