X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iMaxRC X400 Dual Port Touch Screen

Anyone have experience in the use of the ImaxRC X400 Dual Port charger??

I'm seriously shopping for a new charger. This charger has caught my interest.

Thanks, Lon
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

RE: iMaxRC X400 Dual Port Touch Screen

Originally posted by Lon
    Anyone have experience in the use of the ImaxRC X400 Dual Port charger??

I'm seriously shopping for a new charger. This charger has caught my interest.

Thanks, Lon
    I had the Imax single port MRC used to carry, and wished I had the dual. Very happy with it, fan does not stay on and cycles when needed, making for less background noise in the shop. They have a very audible alarm to let you know charging has completed, which is nice since my prior was barely noticeable. The only problem I had was a complete failure, my fault since it was traced to plugging and unplugging the unit at the charger body thus breaking the solder joints/switch just inside the box. Only unplug any charger at the receptacle/power strip.
    I did have an incident a couple weeks ago with another charger which could have easily burned down my garage if it wasnt noticed. I encourage all to invest $20 for a smoke detector installed above the charger at the very least.
    CT

Comment

CT,

Thank you for the great advice speaking from experience.

Lon
      Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Ok....I pulled the trigger last night, and the iMacRC X400 Dual Port charger has been ordered from MotionRC, along with the SkyRC eFuel 540 watt 30amp power supply.

It's a balmy -12 this morning here in NE Iowa. So I don't think i'll be charging batteries soon, but will update performance on this combo after I've used it some.

Lon 
        Lon

Comment

Originally posted by  Lon pid='7640' dateline='1425564267'
          Ok....I pulled the trigger last night, and the iMacRC X400 Dual Port charger has been ordered from MotionRC, along with the SkyRC eFuel 540 watt 30amp power supply.

It's a balmy -12 this morning here in NE Iowa. So I don't think i'll be charging batteries soon, but will update performance on this combo after I've used it some.

Lon 
          OK....Weather had done a 180 here.  I've been flying all but a couple days since receiving the new charger and power supply.  SWEET!!! I'm so happy with the performance and easy to use touch screen on the charger. Hoping for many more years of problem free use, of this setup.
          Attached Files
          Lon

Comment

Lon, did you order the temp. sensors? I just tried to use mine for the first time with the sensors and as soon as I try to start a balance cycle I get an error message about temperature too high. Sure enough I now see that they both are reading over 90C as soon as they are plugged in :huh: . Can't find a thing about them on the IMAXRC site. I'm wondering if these are even the correct ones for this charger.

Steve
            AMA 95495
            Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
            Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Originally posted by rc-eflyer
              Lon, did you order the temp. sensors? I just tried to use mine for the first time with the sensors and as soon as I try to start a balance cycle I get an error message about temperature too high.  Sure enough I now see that they both are reading over 90C as soon as they are plugged in :huh: .  Can't find a thing about them on the IMAXRC site.  I'm wondering if these are even the correct ones for this charger.

Steve
              Steve, I didn't order the temp sensors, so no experience with that. Drop MotionRC a message.....I'm sure they'll be able to help on this.
              Lon
              Lon

Comment

Steve,
                I was going to suggest you check the temperature settings on your charger, in the "Uset" section, but from reading your post, believe you've done that.
                Lon
                Lon

Comment

Thanks Lon, I opened a ticket on it.  The section in the manual on the Cut off Temperatures doesn't sound correct to me. "Range of setting 40-80C. Cut off temperature, charger will stop charging/discharging when temperature of batteries is lower than setting value."  :huh:

Steve
                  AMA 95495
                  Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                  Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Working...
                  X