You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Admiral Carbon 5100mAh 6S 22.2V 70C ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it is basically the same as my Turnigy 6S 5000 Heavy Duties.

Comment

Originally posted by jtconte View Post
      Thanks xviper! I'll keep that in mind.
      Is this overkill for an Avanti S?
      ​​​​​​​Just waiting on Motion to notify me when the Red Avanti S is back in stock!
      "Overkill" for one person may be underkill for another. How long do you want to fly for? How do you generally fly - slow and easy or "balls to the wall"? I can lope around on a 5000mah HD with 1/2 flaps for 10 minutes. Why did I do that? Just to see how long it'll go for. When fly "normal", it'll safely go for 5 minutes. If I go all out, I might get 3:30. You have to qualify what you mean by "overkill".

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        So it is basically the same as my Turnigy 6S 5000 Heavy Duties.
        Pretty much. I guess the posted weights are just a guideline.

Comment

I would say WOT for 70% of the flight. The "overkill" was more about the higher 70C rating- not sure if the Avanti S would benefit. I'm also comparing only Admirals, so their 5000mah is 732g vs the Carbon 5100mah at 866g. I was hoping someone had tried the Carbon in the Avanti S and could chime in?

Comment

OK, I'll let someone who's used it in an Avanti S. Personally, you can never have enough "C". Even the best batteries are pushing only just over 1/2 the C rating they indicate. But, if you're OK with the regular Admiral, nothing wrong with those, either.

Comment

I will likely be trying one in a new Red Avanti S next weekend.

Comment

On the Freewing F-4 a new Admiral Carbon 6S 5100mAh battery will CG at 190mm from the wing root if the battery is all the way forward to where the canopy stops it. If this battery performs as good as it looks we’ve got something:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4_01.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	155782

Name:	F4_02.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	155783

Name:	F4_03.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	155784

On the Freewing L-39 a new Admiral Carbon 6S 5100mAh battery will CG at 103mm from the wing root if the battery is 100mm from the point where I measured from.

Name:	L39_01.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	155787

Name:	L39_02.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	155786

On the Freewing Mig-21 a new Admiral Carbon 6S 5100mAh battery will CG at 265mm from the wing root if the battery is 210mm from the point where I measured from.

Name:	Mig21_01.jpg
Views:	1213
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	155788

Name:	Mig21_02.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	155785

Name:	Mig21_03.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	155789
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I couldn’t wait for the Avanti S so I ordered an L-39 and the Admiral Carbon 5100. This will be my first 6s battery and edf so I won’t be able to provide a good comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                    Thanks Tom, that is a great explanation that I can understand. Higher-C packs are important for planes that have high amperage draws and this new pack looks like it will be great for that kind of purpose, and as you have illustrated it will be important to use a timer!
                    And it's the fact you can have almost full power for the whole run ... not run longer as i see it with this carbon

Comment

I have had the opportunity to fly with this battery and asside from the fact that yes it is a little heavier than some of it's contemporaries, it has good power and stays very cool by comparison. I have flown it in my red Avanti and L-39 and notice a marked improvement in vertical power throughout the duration of the flights. I am still evaluating but so far I have been impressed. Not sure if this has been asked yet or not but is there any plan to introduce a 2S version to allow for use in 8S set-ups?

Comment

Or better yet , 4s 5100mah with EC5 . Truck guys could possibly be interested as well

Comment

Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post
                          Or better yet , 4s 5100mah with EC5 . Truck guys could possibly be interested as well
                          Certainly another option but pilots would still want 2S to go with the already existing 6S as well though.

Comment

I'll bring in whatever your guys want. It likely makes sense to bring in both the 2S and 4S Admiral Carbon 5100 packs. It will give those of us running 8S jets two options. That said, factories are completely bogged down due to the Chinese New Year holiday coming up so adding some new size batteries now is not in the cards. I'll add them after the factory shutdown which means we'll have them in June. I realize 6 months seems crazy.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Here is a great battery thread on RC Groups that has real measurements regarding C ratings, voltage sag, etc. of most of the brands of batteries. If you're flying anything that requires high sustained current, I'd highly recommend that you read the entire thread. It's well worth your time. For the abridged version, read post #1.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ACTmssv1AA4fmo

Comment

Working...
                              X