You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use this battery in FMS Skytrainer 1400mm 182 Cessna?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use this battery in FMS Skytrainer 1400mm 182 Cessna?

I have 2 Genesis Power 11.1v 55c 1300mah 55c continuous/110c burst (71.5A/1
    43A) batteries. I was wondering if I wire them in parallel would this be safe/ok to run in my stock setup FMS Skytrainer 1400mm Cessna? I appreciate your help in advance. Thanks

RE: Can I use this battery in FMS Skytrainer 1400mm 182 Cessna?

Originally posted by mattuaj
    I have 2 Genesis Power 11.1v 55c 1300mah 55c continuous/110c burst (71.5A/1
    43A) batteries. I was wondering if I wire them in parallel would this be safe/ok to run in my stock setup FMS Skytrainer 1400mm Cessna?  I appreciate your help in advance.  Thanks
    If you run them parallel you are effectively making a 2600mAh battery, I don't see why it would not work. Before you fly check you amp and watt draw and only fly for like 5 min. check your batteries and see where they stand, also check your ESC and see if it gets hot. just make sure you dont wire them in series giving you 22.2v pack.
    Flight Risk (Sean)
    AMA # 986105

Comment

I was thinkng that it would be ok but the 55c discharge rate is what had me concerned. I have a 2600 mah 30c that runs in it now. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by mattuaj
        I was thinkng that it would be ok but the 55c discharge rate is what had me concerned. I have a 2600 mah 30c that runs in it now. Thanks for your help.
        The 55C rating (probably advertising fiction) is only an indication of how much current you could draw if the motor needed it, it won't actually increase the current drawn by the motor. If the C rating is justified, then when the battery is nearly discharged, you will have a bit more power if you need a short burst at the end of a flight, because the voltage won't drop a fast (lower internal resistance).

FWIW, I've several batteries of the same mAh rating, but with widely different C ratings; when measured with an accurate IR meter, some of the batteries with the lower C rating (20/30) actually have less internal resistance than those that claim higher C (40/55). Kind of shows that any rating over about 25 or 30 is suspect, and probably just advertising.

Comment

Working...
        X