X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My kingdom for a 22.2V 2600-3300MAH 35C LiPo Battery

Was looking at the FMS Yak 70mm, but it requires a 22.2V 2600-3300MAH 35C LiPo Battery which no one stocks.
    Does it have to be a 35C?

Naw you can go higher without a problem, mater of fact it would indeed be safer to go with a higher c rating. Plus you could also go to a 4000 mah pack

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
      Naw you can go higher without a problem, mater of fact it would indeed be safer to go with a higher c rating. Plus you could also go to a 4000 mah pack
      Thanks rifleman!
      You are the best!
      Also, as a first EDF do think the FMS Yak or the new E-Flite Viper?

Comment

Oooh tough choices! Well as I've been very happy with my fms FA18 super hornet, I would be more inclined to say the fms. But hopefully others will chime in as well, as this is just an opinion from my experience with the fms products. Either or, horizon will back it and have the parts support, so it is a win win either way you go in my book. :)

Comment

Are you a beginner? If so, the Eflite Viper with AS3X might be a more stable plane. If you're not a beginner, I'd choose between the Yak and the FMS ViperJet instead. Since you're asking the question you asked, perhaps you are just starting out and maybe an EDF isn't the way to start.

Comment

Originally posted by chipset35 View Post
            Was looking at the FMS Yak 70mm, but it requires a 22.2V 2600-3300MAH 35C LiPo Battery which no one stocks.
            Does it have to be a 35C?
            Try: 2 * 3S 3000 mah in series. 25C would work just fine, higher C is better.

I never buy a single 6S pack. I buy 3S and put them in series. Then you can use the 3S packs in other airplanes that call for 3S. Thre are plenty of models that want a 3S 2200 mah and will carry 3000 mah (sometimes 4400 mah) just fine.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

Try: 2 * 3S 3000 mah in series. 25C would work just fine, higher C is better.

I never buy a single 6S pack. I buy 3S and put them in series. Then you can use the 3S packs in other airplanes that call for 3S. Thre are plenty of models that want a 3S 2200 mah and will carry 3000 mah (sometimes 4400 mah) just fine.
              I will have to find out how to do that as I am new at all this.
              Time for a google search.

Comment

You get or make something like this, but with the proper connectors, of course.

Comment

Very easy to get a series adapter... or to make one

Paralleling packs you add the capacities.
                  When paralleling you must match the voltage. (cell count)

Putting packs in series, you add the voltage.
                  When putting packs in series you must match capacity and C rating, but not voltage.

Charge the packs individually or in parallel (following above rules for parallel), not while connected in series. This allows use of the balance plugs for keeping the cells in balance.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Old thread I know

The bad thing about using batteries in series (adding voltage), is the extra wires on battery trays that may be limited on space. May not be much, but that extra connector will decrease power deliver a little bit, conectors get significantly hot. I almost lost a jet as sometimes they tend to fail, all manufacturers sell the adapters, those things are built a dime a dozen, best thing is to do your own.

series (adds voltage) more power

parallel (adds amps) more flight time

Comment

Working...
                    X