Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about using and adapter on it? Will you still have the same performance as to using the correct end?
    Still Learning:D

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      How about using and adapter on it? Will you still have the same performance as to using the correct end?
      The adapter will have a slight resistance. If well made it would be hard to measure the difference. However, it introduces several added potential failure points. Each connection, each solder joint is a potential failure point. Chances of failure with a well made adapter are low but they exist.

I use adapters on a regular basis, usually for charging other people's batteries with my field charging system. This is a lower load on the adapter and less likely to fail.

The adapter does not avoid the current limit of any type connector being used in the system. If the concern is the current limit of Deans, expect that concern to be the same with the adapter.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thank you fhhuber!
        Still Learning:D

Comment

Just under a month away from the proposed target arrival of these new 3S 5000 batts
          https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-ec5-connector
          Hope you have a grunch of the same mAh size/ EC5 config 2S that are OOS coming in also.
          https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ttery-with-ec5
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
          Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

Working...
          X