X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiver Battery Help

Some of you youngsters may think this is a stupid question, but I am serious... I have been out of the hobby for a few years, like 10-15 years. Times have changed as well as the technology of the hobby. Getting to my question, what battery is good to use with the 6Ch. DETRUM radio with the 7-8 Ch receiver.. So if someone can help me understand what I need, it would be very much appreciated. I can't help I'm old and not up to speed on today's technology... Waiting ro hear back so I can order a couple batteries for my radio...
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
    Bill

I generally go for a 2 cell LiFe to power the receiver system if not relying on the BEC of the ESC in an electric power system.

These are lightweight, high power density batteries with very good current delivery.

You may not need a separate battery to supply your receiver and servos if flying an electric powered model. It is very common to rely on the BEC built into the ESC or to use an external BEC device to pull power from the battery which supplies the power to turn the propeller, reduce voltage and supply the receiver system

My personal preference is to not rely on a BEC for above 4 cell LiPo powered models. High power models tend to be more expensive and there is more security in the separate battery to supply the receiver. (if you properly maintain the receiver battery)
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
    X