X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Which lipo brand is best

I have used a few Admiral batteries but they just don't last long as the expand after 5 flights (especially when using on a jet). Between Valuhobby and Thunder Power RC Batteries these are the best you can get even though they are a little more expensive they are worth it. Until October 31st get 50%off by using promo code: "TREATS"

Comment

I use Turnigy or Admiral. Can't beat the Turnigy prices though, way below anything else. Seem to all work fine as long as you treat them nice.
      Addicted to planes!

Comment

I've got 8 admirals 4 3s and 4 4s with 30 to 40 flights on each never had a puffer or any other problems. I also never fly them below 3.7 or charge them quicker than 1c or above 4.2 per cell.

Comment

I have tried a lot of brands over the years. I only buy Admirals now. I try to fly them down to no lower than storage charge which is more fun than storage charging in my shop. This usually gives me, at least, 5 minutes of flying except for aerobatics. Treat your batteries well and they will treat you well. Doc

Comment

All I use are Admiral (they are the best when not being used a high amp upgrades), Thunder Power, and Dinogy. Now of course if I get a eflite bnf plane I will use the battery provided.

Good luck with the survey

Comment

Gens Ace

Comment

Mostly a question of which is labeled most accurately...
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by ss0028
                  All I use are Admiral (they are the best when not being used a high amp upgrades), Thunder Power, and Dinogy. Now of course if I get a eflite bnf plane I will use the battery provided.

Good luck with the survey
                  I use an adapter in my E-Flite planes and stick with Admiral. Over the years, Horizon Hobby batteries have begun to puff a little to soon for my taste. Doc

Comment

I use Admiral packs the most, over 100 flights and still going strong.

Doug

Comment

I use a mishmash of zippy compacts, admirals, Hyperion, and revo batteries. I used to have some nano techs in the mix, but they puff too quickly for me. Zippys are great in the 2200 3S size. Anything above that admiral or revo, with some 4S hyperions mixed in.

Comment

I have several Zippy 2s 1000s which have served me well. Flightmax version, not Compact. I preferred the Rhinos but the Zippys are nice too for the price.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I have Admiral, Nano-tech, and Eflite batteries. After many flights, I started to see how each brand held up. Admiral batteries held up very well, with no puffy batteries and no defective cells out of the box. In my opinion, Eflite batteries, though a bit expensive are the best batteries for planes that have high amp draws, or long periods of motor use. Admirals, in my opinion, are the go to battery, but when I need better quality, I turn to the Eflite batteries. Nano-techs are lesser in quality than Admiral, but they still held up admirably, but as with everything with Hobbyking, they are hit or miss.
                          You might be able to fly it, but can you land it?

Comment

Originally posted by martmichals
                            I have Admiral, Nano-tech, and Eflite batteries. After many flights, I started to see how each brand held up. Admiral batteries held up very well, with no puffy batteries and no defective cells out of the box. In my opinion, Eflite batteries, though a bit expensive are the best batteries for planes that have high amp draws, or long periods of motor use. Admirals, in my opinion, are the go to battery, but when I need better quality, I turn to the Eflite batteries. Nano-techs are lesser in quality than Admiral, but they still held up admirably, but as with everything with Hobbyking, they are hit or miss.
                            You are right about Hobby King, it is "hit or miss," but mostly miss.  I refused to do business with them any more.  Customer service is awful when it comes to warranty claims.  I will stick with Motion from now own. Period.

Comment

[quote=Pheonix]
                              You are right about Hobby King, it is "hit or miss," but mostly miss.  I refused to do business with them any more.  Customer service is awful when it comes to warranty claims.  I will stick with Motion from now own. Period.
                              Even though batteries and RC "accessories" may be hit or miss at Hobbyking, they still carry some nice products that are worth taking a little risk on. Their durafly series is nice, and I am very happy with the plane that I own from the Durafly series, that being the EFX racer. You just have to read all the threads on the product and see if it is worth a little risk.

Regards,
                              Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix
                                Originally posted by martmichals
                                Even though batteries and RC "accessories" may be hit or miss at Hobbyking, they still carry some nice products that are worth taking a little risk on. Their durafly series is nice, and I am very happy with the plane that I own from the Durafly series, that being the EFX racer. You just have to read all the threads on the product and see if it is worth a little risk. If you do lose out though, I agree that there is no customer support like there is with MRC.

Regards,
                                Martin

Comment

Glacier lipos from buddyrc.com. Been using them for about 3 years now.

Pros >
                                  1) They cost way less then most batteries.
                                  2) They seem to output more then they claim on the label.
                                  3) They come down comparatively cool to other batteries.
                                  4) USA support.
                                  5) Low IR.
                                  6) Have handled low discharge without puffing, but did increase IR.

Cons>
                                  1) Slightly larger dimensions, and weight then other brands.
                                  2) May have less configuration options then other brands, cell counts, mah's, c-ratings

Used to use Thunderpower. Very light weight, good performance, way over priced.
                                  Pulse batteries, very similar to Glacier, but costs more.
                                  I would never use HK batteries, seen to many issues, and lack of power from them when others use them.
                                  E-flite batteries, good all around, way overpriced.

Comment

I have used all types of batteries over the years. It started with Tenergy, then Blue Lipo, then Sky Lipo, then Gens Ace, then Rhino, then Turnigy, Nano Tech from Turnigy, then Thunder Power and some other high dollar packs. And for the last few years China Hobby Line. A whole bunch of no name packs as well that actually performed really well! Two thing have become very clear to me though. Getting the proper battery for the system matters more than anything!! People get caught up in this High C stuff and will get too small of a battery but think that the C rating makes it capable of handling their systems needs. And then when the battery gets hot, puffs and degrades they blame the brand for their whoas. In my experience, most batteries over 40C are just hyped up. I have been getting the best performance when I stick to the 20-30c packs. I will base my discharge rates off of capacity more so than the C rating and it has worked out pretty well! The other is that you really need to spend the time to properly break in your packs. 5-10 cycles at the least to get the most of them over their life cycle. Oh and proper storage as well! Never leave them fully charged for more than 1-2 days. Store them at 3.8v

Now if you want to get into specifics that worked well for me I will say that Gens Ace and China Hobby Line have been the packs that lasted me the longest. I have packs that last for almost 2 years before I really notice the degradation taking its toll. Gens Ace 25c packs actually out perform some of the 40c packs on the market. And my China Hobby Line packs may be a little heavier than some on the market but they are really inexpensive and have lasted a long time! Ok enough rambling......
                                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Gooniac,
                                      I can't believe that in all my searches over the past years that I have never uncovered the China Hobbyline lipos. So it seems that your pretty satisfied with the performance of their product and I see that they have USA distribution warehouse but now here is the important question. If you receive a new pac and lets say the balance between cells is poor(greater than .2v) and won't balance charge properly initially, how is the customer service, will they remedy the situation?
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                        Gooniac,
                                        I can't believe that in all my searches over the past years that I have never uncovered the China Hobbyline lipos. So it seems that your pretty satisfied with the performance of their product and I see that they have USA distribution warehouse but now here is the important question. If you receive a new pac and lets say the balance between cells is poor(greater than .2v) and won't balance charge properly initially, how is the customer service, will they remedy the situation?
                                        Customer service it top notch!! I have had one pack give me issues and they sent me a new one with no problem at all. Also the batteries have all come to me at 3.85v per cell across the board... everytime I order... these guys are good and respond to emails in minutes. The batteries are cheap in price and good in quality! I always look to them first when I need a new pack.
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by CT View Post
                                          I would like to survey which Lipo brand people use and which has been the most durable and longlasting?.
                                          CT
                                          Hello, though your post past 2 years ago, but time just proves the strength of these brands battery. In my opinion, there two things you should consider when choosing the best battery for your hobby.

One thinsg is that the battery brand, there are a lot of brand on the market, RC hobby battery market was generally dominated by Tattu, Gensace, SMC, Turnigy, Graphene, RMRC, ThunderPower etc all of them are great brands for the RC hobby and quadcopter, And other batttery brands accounted for only a small fration of market share, therefore you can choose one from them above listed.

Choose best battery for quadcopter or RC hobby, the second thing is that after choosing a lipo brand, you should consider the battery C-rating and calculate the longest flight times battery for your RC hobby or quadcopter, then you will have more fun. How to calculate the flight time? Click the following link that will tell you more details about how to choose the best battery for you (The article look a little long, so I add a link). One last thing, the price is one of factors you also should consider if you have any budget.
                                          Almost quadcopters only flight less than 30 minutes,if you have a quadcopter  will anxious to know how to choose battery for quadcopter? Today will tell you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X