X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel/series batteries and effect on C rate

While troubleshooting a perceived lack of power on a new EDF system I was doing controlled substitution on ESC, Batteries, and wattmeters.

A question for you smart guys.... using for example a single 6 cell battery "rated" at 50 C discharge, what happens to C rate if you put two 6s 50 C batteries in parallel?

What about 2 3 cell 50 C batteries in series? I imagine there would also be some loss due to adapters, etc in the circuit.

Thanks!

Originally posted by TBeghtol View Post
    While troubleshooting a perceived lack of power on a new EDF system I was doing controlled substitution on ESC, Batteries, and wattmeters.

A question for you smart guys.... using for example a single 6 cell battery "rated" at 50 C discharge, what happens to C rate if you put two 6s 50 C batteries in parallel?

What about 2 3 cell 50 C batteries in series? I imagine there would also be some loss due to adapters, etc in the circuit.

Thanks!
    The C rating does not change whether the two (ANY)S batteries are in a parallel or series configuration.
    The biggest impact to the C rating is the IR(internal resistance).
    When the IR becomes poor in one battery it does not have the "drive/push" of the other good battery mated(serial/parallel) to it so
    it becomes the weak link in the chain and sucks the performance down in regards to power deliverable and time.
    The standard rule when pairing batteries is to insure that whatever S rating you use that the C ratings and capacities(mAh) are equivalent and the IR's are approximately close. ;)
    ps.......my sweetie wouldn't say I'm smart, I'm just fortunate to have gotten a more informed level of knowledge via a EE. LOL
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
    X