You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 new batteries on the Motion RC website

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2 new batteries on the Motion RC website

    Can anyone guess what they are?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
    Can anyone guess what they are?
    I'm going with 8s for all the people that bought the 8s version of Freewing Jets

    Comment


    • #3
      I’ll go with a 2s, 4-5000mAh and a 6s, 6200mAh!

      Comment


      • #4
        1100 and 5000 3S Admiral, XT-60 and EC5 connector, respectively.

        Comment


        • #5
          Two new Admiral pros. 4s 6000mah and 6s 6000mah.

          https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-ec5-connector

          https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-ec5-connector

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
            Two new Admiral pros. 4s 6000mah and 6s 6000mah.
            Insider info............guesses all done
            How about telling us when the is getting released
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
            Incinerator Loss 16

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by OV10 View Post

              Insider info............guesses all done
              How about telling us when the is getting released
              Man how I wish I had any insider info from MRC!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

                Man how I wish I had any insider info from MRC!!
                What a I am at the moment..............my chemo brain confused your username for James.MotionRC
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
                Incinerator Loss 16

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                  Winner! All the 80mm and 90mm jets and the FlightLine planes that have come out in the last year or so were designed with this 6S 6000 battery in mind so fit will not be an issue. Ditto using two of the new 4S 6000 batteries for the 8S versions. We'll update battery recommendations on products pages in the coming weeks. Not only were our jets designed for these packs but these packs were designed to make the jets perform.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    How heavy are the new 6s batteries? I don't see this in the spec area?

                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

                      Winner! All the 80mm and 90mm jets and the FlightLine planes that have come out in the last year or so were designed with this 6S 6000 battery in mind so fit will not be an issue. Ditto using two of the new 4S 6000 batteries for the 8S versions. We'll update battery recommendations on products pages in the coming weeks. Not only were our jets designed for these packs but these packs were designed to make the jets perform.
                      I am assuming I won one of each to try out?? AWESOME!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I chatted with Andrew and he gave me the specs.

                        4S
                        EPR60004E - 574 grams , 160mm L x 45mm W x 35.5mm T , 10 gauge wire EC5

                        6S
                        EPR60006E - 844 grams , 160mm L x 53mm W x 45mm T , 10 gauge wire EC5

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Awesome! Thanks dkalwishky.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks dkalwishky. Todd just put the specs on motionrc.com as well.
                            We weighed these on one of our scales which is perfectly calibrated and super accurate to the gram. We weighed a few to be sure of the weight. The goal here was to find the perfect compromise between weight and performance. Higher performance batteries are heavier without exception. Lower performance batteries are lighter without exception. See our Admiral 5100 Carbon - ultimate performance but at the price of extra weight. This is because each cell requires more layers to achieve a higher C rating which ultimately allows it to put out more sustained amperage. This directly translates to weight. Higher C = more sustained amperage = more layers = more weight. Lower C = less layers = lower sustained amperage = less weight. The idea for this battery was to find a near perfect compromise between performance and weight. We wanted a battery that could put out enough sustained amperage to propel our 80mm and 90mm jets at the highest level but wanted to do this with as little of a weight penalty as possible. We think we've hit a as perfect a compromise as possible.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I like the Admiral Pro batteries. Some of the oldest batteries I have are 4S 5000 Pros and I have worked them over hard in my Stinger 90. They performed well and are still going strong. Just ordered a pair of the 4S 6000's to try out in my F-4's and F-22.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by OV10 View Post

                                What a I am at the moment..............my chemo brain confused your username for James.MotionRC
                                HAHAHA. JamesonC is just my fake account to spread fake news across the squawk

                                So excited to give these new batteries a try myself!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

                                  HAHAHA. JamesonC is just my fake account to spread fake news across the squawk

                                  So excited to give these new batteries a try myself!
                                  OV-10 Bronco being announced tomorrow!!!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

                                    OV-10 Bronco being announced tomorrow!!!
                                    Don't be teasing Ya never know what thing I could say next ALPHA...........PM me when I should expect to get the 1st one
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
                                    Incinerator Loss 16

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X