• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new batteries on the Motion RC website

Can anyone guess what they are?

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
    Can anyone guess what they are?
    I'm going with 8s for all the people that bought the 8s version of Freewing Jets :Cool:

Comment

I’ll go with a 2s, 4-5000mAh and a 6s, 6200mAh!

Comment

1100 and 5000 3S Admiral, XT-60 and EC5 connector, respectively.

Comment

Two new Admiral pros. 4s 6000mah and 6s 6000mah.

Admiral Pro Series 4 Cell 6000mAh 50C LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR60004E Power you can trust! Admiral batteries are globally renowned for delivering superior power-to-weight ratio, reliable safety, and long lifespan. Produced in a world-class facility with an all-new formula that optimizes high performance acr

Admiral Pro Series 6000mAh 6S 50C LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR60006E Power you can trust! Admiral batteries are globally renowned for delivering superior power-to-weight ratio, reliable safety, and long lifespan. Produced in a world-class facility with an all-new formula that optimizes high performance across

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
            Insider info............guesses all done :PLOL
            How about telling us when the :ov10 is getting released ;):)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Insider info............guesses all done :PLOL
              How about telling us when the :ov10 is getting released ;):)
              Man how I wish I had any insider info from MRC!! :(

Comment

Man how I wish I had any insider info from MRC!! :(
                LOL What a :Loser:I am at the moment..............my chemo brain confused your username for James.MotionRC
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Admiral Pro Series 4 Cell 6000mAh 50C LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR60004E Power you can trust! Admiral batteries are globally renowned for delivering superior power-to-weight ratio, reliable safety, and long lifespan. Produced in a world-class facility with an all-new formula that optimizes high performance acr

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-ec5-connector
                  Winner! All the 80mm and 90mm jets and the FlightLine planes that have come out in the last year or so were designed with this 6S 6000 battery in mind so fit will not be an issue. Ditto using two of the new 4S 6000 batteries for the 8S versions. We'll update battery recommendations on products pages in the coming weeks. Not only were our jets designed for these packs but these packs were designed to make the jets perform.

Comment

How heavy are the new 6s batteries? I don't see this in the spec area?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Winner! All the 80mm and 90mm jets and the FlightLine planes that have come out in the last year or so were designed with this 6S 6000 battery in mind so fit will not be an issue. Ditto using two of the new 4S 6000 batteries for the 8S versions. We'll update battery recommendations on products pages in the coming weeks. Not only were our jets designed for these packs but these packs were designed to make the jets perform.
                      I am assuming I won one of each to try out?? AWESOME!! ;)

Comment

I chatted with Andrew and he gave me the specs.

4S
                        EPR60004E - 574 grams , 160mm L x 45mm W x 35.5mm T , 10 gauge wire EC5

6S
                        EPR60006E - 844 grams , 160mm L x 53mm W x 45mm T , 10 gauge wire EC5

Comment

Awesome! Thanks dkalwishky.

Comment

Thanks dkalwishky. Todd just put the specs on motionrc.com as well.
                            We weighed these on one of our scales which is perfectly calibrated and super accurate to the gram. We weighed a few to be sure of the weight. The goal here was to find the perfect compromise between weight and performance. Higher performance batteries are heavier without exception. Lower performance batteries are lighter without exception. See our Admiral 5100 Carbon - ultimate performance but at the price of extra weight. This is because each cell requires more layers to achieve a higher C rating which ultimately allows it to put out more sustained amperage. This directly translates to weight. Higher C = more sustained amperage = more layers = more weight. Lower C = less layers = lower sustained amperage = less weight. The idea for this battery was to find a near perfect compromise between performance and weight. We wanted a battery that could put out enough sustained amperage to propel our 80mm and 90mm jets at the highest level but wanted to do this with as little of a weight penalty as possible. We think we've hit a as perfect a compromise as possible.

Comment

I like the Admiral Pro batteries. Some of the oldest batteries I have are 4S 5000 Pros and I have worked them over hard in my Stinger 90. They performed well and are still going strong. Just ordered a pair of the 4S 6000's to try out in my F-4's and F-22.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

LOL What a :Loser:I am at the moment..............my chemo brain confused your username for James.MotionRC
                                HAHAHA. JamesonC is just my fake account to spread fake news across the squawk LOL;)

So excited to give these new batteries a try myself!

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

HAHAHA. JamesonC is just my fake account to spread fake news across the squawk LOL;)

So excited to give these new batteries a try myself!
                                  OV-10 Bronco being announced tomorrow!!!

Comment

OV-10 Bronco being announced tomorrow!!!
                                    Don't be teasing:Devil: Ya never know what :wacky thing I could say next LOL ALPHA...........PM me when I should expect to get the 1st one :Don't-tell-Anyone:
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Tom,

Are there any plans to release a Graphene 2S 5000/5100mah battery to compliment the Admiral Carbon 5100mah 6S for 8S power systems?

I know an Admiral 2S 5000mah in non-graphene/carbon form exists.

Comment

Working...
                                      X