X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Cell vs 4 Cell

12 months into the hobby .. brainstorming again.. not sure if thats good .....im good at mechanical stuff,, electrical not so.... electricity looks 4 fastest place to earth.. thats me in a nutshell,,my question is
    we r flying foam planes . i get kv in motor stuff (RPM PER VOLT) 500KV =5000 RPM IF U HAD 10 VOLTS ... so why is 6 cell so popular given u could use 4 cell,, with higher engine kv ... much less weight to get same prop rpm... is it torque .. // or just more expence on battery

Watts is what we're after. Watts = Voltage x Amps. So, a battery with more voltage (i.e. 6s instead of 4s) consumes the same amount of watts for a lower amperage. A system with lower amps generally produces less heat and is less of a strain on our batteries.

In a nutshell, that is why higher voltage is preferred. Less amps are required to achieve a given watt target. And in a similar vein, having more volts gives you the headroom to add more amps before capping the battery to achieve a higher total wattage system.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
    X