X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Li ion Charging

I have a Venom Power Pro 3 AC/DC LiPo Balance Battery Charger (6S/7A/100W) that says it can charge a li ion batter, Would I set it up like a lipo battery?

Point #6 on page 9 of your manual should tell you everything you need to know about charging LiIo batteries, with particular emphasis on the ending voltage set.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      Point #6 on page 9 of your manual should tell you everything you need to know about charging LiIo batteries, with particular emphasis on the ending voltage set.
      Actually, I was going to use Point #6.1, like I all ways do with my Lipos. I heard that using the balance mode gets the longest life out of batteries and helps prevent "puffing".

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Actually, I was going to use Point #6.1, like I all ways do with my Lipos. I heard that using the balance mode gets the longest life out of batteries and helps prevent "puffing".
        I have no experience with using LiIo for RC. I didn't even think they came with balance plugs. I'm not so sure what application they are good for. As a main flight battery, might be a bad idea. For non-RC applications, they're fine but usually those devices have their own chargers built in. I have dedicated chargers for LiIo batteries for my flashlights.

Comment

I have no experience with using LiIo for RC. I didn't even think they came with balance plugs. I'm not so sure what application they are good for. As a main flight battery, might be a bad idea. For non-RC applications, they're fine but usually those devices have their own chargers built in. I have dedicated chargers for LiIo batteries for my flashlights.
          It's not for a plane, it's for a tank:

Comment

Ahhh, slow and easy.

Comment

Ahhh, slow and easy.
              Well, first it didn't look like I was going to be able to fly any more. But that changed. By the same token, there are days when it's too windy for me to fly, and I've got 3/4 of an acre to run it on.:)
              And thanks for the information.:Cool:

Comment

Working...
              X