X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiFe Batteries

I need to buy a Life battery to power a glow plane, and I have no idea what battery/charging cable I need to buy, as I have no experience with batteries other than lipos. I'm looking at this battery to buy, what charging cable do I need for it?
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/1450mah-2s-66v-life-receiver-battery-spmb1450lfrx
    You might be able to fly it, but can you land it?

RE: LiFe Batteries

Standard Female JR battery connector with banana connectors or whatever your charger accepts at the other end. The balance plugs work just the same as what you used on Lipos. Your charger does have a LiFe charge cycle?

All the best,
    Konrad

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad
      Standard Female JR battery connector with banana connectors or whatever your charger accepts at the other end. The balance plugs work just the same as what you used on Lipos. Your charger does have a LiFe charge cycle?

All the best,
      Konrad
      Yes, my charger has a life charge cycle. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

2S LiFe the same mah as you would have normally gotten in NiCd/NiMh.

You'll be pushing 6.6v nominal, 7.2 v max. So some 4.8v rated servos will NOT survive.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by martmichals View Post
          I need to buy a Life battery to power a glow plane, and I have no idea what battery/charging cable I need to buy, as I have no experience with batteries other than lipos. I'm looking at this battery to buy, what charging cable do I need for it?
          http://www.horizonhobby.com/1450mah-...y-spmb1450lfrx
          Get yourself a good battery checker also. There are many out there but I use this one.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Battery checkers such as the Hyperion are a little over priced. These checker devices are made by a couple overseas manufactures and rebadged.
            The more economical and commonly used seems to be the GT Power for about 14 beans at Motion which is about half the cost of the SOS Sentry.
            7S Digital Battery Capacity Checker / Tester / Balancer Version 2 for LiPo LiFe Li-Ion NiMH NiCd from G.T. Power The new GT Power Digital Battery Capacity Checker V2 can be used to check the battery voltage of Lithium batteries including Lipo, LiFe, Li-Ion, as well as NiMH and NiCd batteries. The checker will measure t

I got a rebadged GT Power(looks and functions identical) a couple years ago at $7 and it still continues to work flawlessly.

Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks guys, I've already got a lipo checker from Hitec which I got for 20 dollars.

Comment

Working...
              X