X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I recover my lipo??

I have a Admiral 50c 6s 5000ma lipo that got drained down to 0 volts, by a tree jumping out in front of it, and slowly draining by the lights on my jet. Is there a way to bring it back to a usable condition, or do I toss it and call it a day?
    I can't believe this hasn't happened to some one else. If I get the cells back to correct volts, can I trust it? It was bought new last year and was in excellent shape before this mishap..

Thanks for the help, Rick

Originally posted by RMatteson View Post
    I have a Admiral 50c 6s 5000ma lipo that got drained down to 0 volts, by a tree jumping out in front of it, and slowly draining by the lights on my jet. Is there a way to bring it back to a usable condition, or do I toss it and call it a day?
    I can't believe this hasn't happened to some one else. If I get the cells back to correct volts, can I trust it? It was bought new last year and was in excellent shape before this mishap..

Thanks for the help, Rick
    Dispose of it properly. You can't trust it anymore after completely draining it.

Comment

I have recovered a completely dead LiPo before by setting the charger on "NiCad" and bringing the voltage up slowly till it reached about 3.7v/cell, then going the usual balance charging method. It took a long time to completely balance and it did work in my plane. However, this was a small battery that was used in a small, inexpensive plane. When I tried this in another dead LiPo, it did NOT work. It's not a guarantee and since you're dealing with a 6s battery, no doubt it goes in a larger, more expensive plane. Personally, I wouldn't trust it.

Comment

Working...
      X