X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC3 battery connectors

I now have an esc that is not good. Instead of holding it, can I remove the battery connector, which I could use, OR, is it too much trouble to separate the guts from the outside.

Thanks.
    Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

How much of it do you want? Just the EC3 connector? Or do you want the wires all the way to the ESC? If you just want the connector, just cut it with how ever much wiring you want. If you want all the wiring right to the ESC, that’s easy, too. If you cut the covering where the wires go into the ESC, you’ll see where they are soldered. You can use a soldering iron and heat it up and pull the wire out on each side or you can just cut it close to the solder.
    Just curious, what will you do with the connector? It’s not much good for anything except for another ESC. If you want to change the connector on another ESC to EC3, it’s easier to just buy a bunch of blanks and solder from scratch. It’s hard to get the ends out of the plastic part of the connector and if you try to solder while the bullets are inside the plastic, it’ll melt the heck out of it.

Comment

thought it might give me some soldering experience which I am lacking.
      Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Comment

Soldering large wires requires a powerful soldering iron or a very heavy tip... or both.

The typical appx $20 iron is marginal at best.

If your iron is not up t the task, it really doesn't matter how good you are.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I concur with fhhuber. Just finished soldering up a flight control board for a tyro 99 quad copter. YouTube is a good resource for at least learning the basics. I remember using butt connectors, just so I could go flying that day. Surprisingly they never overheated. Practice makes perfect. Just need patients at it, that's all.

Comment

Working...
          X