X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyRC BD200 Battery Discharger

A month ago or so I discovered a new tool for the maintenance of my newly rebuilt Admiral 2&3S 5000mAh LiPo support equipment.
    MotionRC has carried SkyRC products but never this unit which really surprised me considering how well this works.
    Most if not all LiPo chargers (including the high power $200+ ones) have very pathetically low discharge capabilities whereas it would take several hours to discharge a large capacity battery.
    After coming home from a local 1 day warbird event with almost all my LiPo's at 50% or greater charge level, I was not looking forward to the ol' hours and hours of time spent with the discharge/storage function of the charger.
    That's where the BD200 comes into use whereas I found that I could knock a 5000mAh 3S @ 100% charge down to storage level in like 5 minutes.
    All said and done, I put 16 5000mAh 2&3S packs into storage in less than 1.5 hrs.
    This unit is really worth the investment of $75 for any 2-8S high amp hour LiPo users serious about the use, maintenance and longevity of their battery supplies.
    Since I'm not one of the video social media moguls on these forums I found a rather recent but basic YouTube review of this unit for further insight.
    I also have linked the most prominent Ebay store front (rcjuice) that is selling these for $15-25 less than stores like AmainHobbies, ProgressiveRC and Amazon.
    Here's a link to the SkyRC website for the BD200 which has all the tech hype and also has a convenient discharge power chart for the various cell counts to make voltage/amp setting easy.

DISCLAIMER: I am not being paid by ANYONE for this product endorsement. Am just a forum tech contributor that is really satisfied with my latest tool addition for my RC warbird passion.
    Hope that you find this as valuable info for your LiPo maintenance practices.

Here's what it looks like:

BEST REGARDS,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Great choice OV. I'm with you on this as I purchased two of them about 6 months ago from RCjuice (if I'm not mistaken, the price was lower at that time from their eBay store), and it has been a relatively quick, convenient, and safe way to discharge my LiPo's. I had a day where I went home with nine 6S 5000mah LiPo's to discharge, and it wasn't a fun experience trying discharge them with my charger. Even with a dual port high powered charger, the discharge capability still left a lot to be desired. I also don't like to add the extra wear and tear on my charger by discharging batteries on it.

Comment

Working...
    X