X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help silencing dual chargers.

I have 2 dual chargers - a Hitec X2 and a SkyRC X2. Has anyone disassembled a charger to see what actually makes the beeping noises? I have already gone into the user menus and turned OFF the 2 different beeper and buzzer. This has helped immensely. However, when the charger is first powered up and when I push the button to go from one channel to the other, it still makes a beep.
    We recently got a little dog and the beeping sounds seems to hurt his ears and he tries to run away and starts to bark. I'd like to make the beeping stop completely. Anyone have any ideas how this can be done? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2530.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	997.2 KB
ID:	41444 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2531.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	41445

The beep is part of the charger's safety system... warning you when there are problems.

I'd find a location for charging where the dog won't be around for the beeps to bother it.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I'm always in the same room as the batteries when charging (as they always recommend) and unfortunately, the dog is one of those bred to be a "companion" dog. He's a Havanese cross. He must be with people when people are handy. I tried to put him outside on the deck when charging and he just barks to come back in because he thinks I'm "up to something" and he doesn't want to miss out, then barks when the noise hurts his ears. Since I'm always in the room when the charging is going on, the charger is where I spend most of my time anyway (TV room/computer room). Sometimes, the charging goes on for nearly 2 hours. I don't wish to put the chargers in another part of the house where I can't monitor what's going on. That's even less safe. A friend had his charger in the attached garage so the noise would not bother him and his family. His house burned down.
      As for the safety features of the chargers, those alarms have been disabled already. I don't really need them as I'm always close by (within a few feet) to check how the charging is going. Those disabled beeps confirm button pushes and the start of a sequence. The most lengthy and most annoying to the dog are the ones at the end when the charging is finished. As for the remaining beeps, those are not safety features, just notification features that I can easily and visually confirm. I've got the battle 1/2 won. I just need to know what the beeping thing on the inside is and how to remove it from the equation.

Comment

If you cannot disable the remaining beeps from the menus then you may have to open up the charger and cut one of the wires going to the little speaker. If the speaker is mounted directly to the circuit board then this just got a lot harder.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
          If you cannot disable the remaining beeps from the menus then you may have to open up the charger and cut one of the wires going to the little speaker. If the speaker is mounted directly to the circuit board then this just got a lot harder.
          I will get into it and see what's there. One of my flying buds said that it's possible to just shove a small piece of bunched up paper into the speaker and that should do it. He did it to one of his chargers and it worked. Depends on what type of noise maker it is.
          Interesting that the whirring of the cooling fans don't bother the dog.

Comment

First of all, I don't think you should be mess'n with your charger, however you could just tape a cotton ball over the speaker. Doc

Comment

The sound making part in my chargers are those that are attached directly onto the circuit board. They are small cylinders with a hole on top. Plugging the hole reduces the sound immensely but doesn't silence it altogether. That's as good as I can make it and will see if it still bothers the dog. I'll just get into the habit of coughing real loud when I push the buttons so mask the sound if it still bothers him.

Comment

Working...
              X