X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Low Voltage?

I was trying to charge some of my batteries yesterday and one of my Admiral 3s 3300 batteries would not charge. I always check the voltage first, before I connect it to the charger and it wouldn't even register nothing at all. I then like anyone tried to check it with the multimeter and again nothing. So I then connected it to the charger and it then said "Check Battery Low Voltage". I know the last time I used this battery I ran it down around 30%. The thing is this is battery hasn't been used no then 8 to 10 times and is a fairly new battery. Any suggestions on what to do or how I may be able to charge this battery or is it no good and just dispose of it properly?
    Still Learning:D

So, is your measurement at the main output, or the balance leads? If at the balance leads, do all three cells measure 0V?

Comment

Good point about measuring at the main and at the balance port. Measure at mains with a multimeter (set at the correct voltage range) and at the balance port with a LiPo checker to see what each cell reads. If you really have ZERO volts everywhere, then either the battery drained itself completely or something in the wiring at the top of the battery got damaged. Last resort would be to set your charger for NiCd and very low amps (like 0.5) and see if it will take a charge. Once you can get it back to ~3.5v per cell, then try LiPo the usual way.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
        Good point about measuring at the main and at the balance port. Measure at mains with a multimeter (set at the correct voltage range) and at the balance port with a LiPo checker to see what each cell reads. If you really have ZERO volts everywhere, then either the battery drained itself completely or something in the wiring at the top of the battery got damaged. Last resort would be to set your charger for NiCd and very low amps (like 0.5) and see if it will take a charge. Once you can get it back to ~3.5v per cell, then try LiPo the usual way.
        Thank You Viper, I did check both leads and nothing on either. I just may try on on NiCd and see. I would be scare the whole time seeing some batteries can go poof. I did get a chance and ask one of the guys at the club about today and he said sounds like the battery pack is no good at this point. I just hate it cause it was the newest 3300 3s I have. But Thank You for the advice.
        Still Learning:D

Comment

If the wiring is not damaged, and starting the initial charge with the NiCd or NiMH setting actually works, set that battery aside and only use it for bench testing. If it went to 0V, it has been seriously damaged, so don't trust it; keep it away from flammables (outside is best), and always keep it around storage charge, no more. If the wires broke, it is gone - find a way to dispose of it safely, as it may be dangerous for a non-expert to try to repair.

Comment

Working...
          X