X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Charger to buy?

I am new to the hobby. Want to purchase the best charger for both lipo and nimh, charge two batteries at a time, fast charging, computer discharge/condition battery, run on ac & dc, and whatever else is recommended.

I would appreciate recommendations, advice, tips, etc. thank you, J

Hello HeliSeli and welcome to the Squawk.
    Read this post of a recommendation that I gave to another member that had similar question.

Best regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hello Heliseli,

If you are looking for a versatile charger that will do all you are asking above. Please the link below.

​​​​​​https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-ac-dc-charger

Martin.

Comment

Here is an Excellent entry level charger for on site of home charging. I've been using one of these now for 4 years. I've always trusted the battery connected to it, to be fully charged when it's complete. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-ac-dc-charger
        You can buy a nicer charger, but if your wanting something cost effective, this is a super model with all the connections provided. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
          Hello Heliseli,

If you are looking for a versatile charger that will do all you are asking above. Please the link below.

​​​​​​https://www.motionrc.com/collections...-ac-dc-charger

Martin.
          Martin, I have been looking at replacing one of my dual chargers and this is one on my list. Do you have this one yourself? Noise is a big issue for me (well, my wife actually). I had one from Turnigy and the fan noise was so bad, she made me get rid of it (too bad, it worked very well). I read the reviews for the Hitec equivalent of this charger and someone said it was quite noisy, but then, someone else who had one said it was no worse than any other charger they've ever owned. I do like the idea that it can be used for HV batteries, which could be in my inventory one day.
          My other consideration is the one that OV10 suggested - Hitec X2-400.

Comment

Last year I bought one of these and it has worked really well for me. I don't know Motion doesn't carry this one, charges four batteries at once at 100 watts per channel. My 4S batteries charge quickly, the 6S take close to an hour but 3S & 4S are mostly what I have so it's a nice balance between price and charge speed and I don't have to screw around with an external power supply/

Prophet Sport Quad 4 X 100W AC/DC Charger (DYNC2050)

The Prophet Sport Quad 4 X 100W AC/DC Charger by Dynamite is a quality built remote controlled boat accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
              Last year I bought one of these and it has worked really well for me. I don't know Motion doesn't carry this one, charges four batteries at once at 100 watts per channel. My 4S batteries charge quickly, the 6S take close to an hour but 3S & 4S are mostly what I have so it's a nice balance between price and charge speed and I don't have to screw around with an external power supply/

Prophet Sport Quad 4 X 100W AC/DC Charger (DYNC2050)

The Prophet Sport Quad 4 X 100W AC/DC Charger by Dynamite is a quality built remote controlled boat accessory. See all our RC product options online at Horizon Hobby!
              I currently have 2 power supplies and 2 dual chargers. The day will come when I retire all of it and get something like this.

Comment

I have the HItec X2 AC plus, and it has been a great charger.. I use it for my trucks and planes, and it is economical as can be purchased for under 100. It does not come with the DC power cable, but that is readily available as well. IT charges up my flight batteries pretty quick and my truck 6000mah batteries in about 45 minutes.

Comment

Hi Xviper,

The charger I use myself is the Hitec X4 Quattro. You can charge up to four batteries at once in any combination, as well as discharge, storage charge etc. It is also AC/DC charger. I've never had a problem with mine and it has been used extensively in the 3 years I have had it.

Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
                    Hi Xviper,

The charger I use myself is the Hitec X4 Quattro. You can charge up to four batteries at once in any combination, as well as discharge, storage charge etc. It is also AC/DC charger. I've never had a problem with mine and it has been used extensively in the 3 years I have had it.

Martin.
                    Hello Martin,
                    That Hitec X4 Quattro is a nice unit and I had been looking at it for another quad charger to add to my maintenance equip but after looking at the Prophet Sport Quad 4 that dkalwishky referenced it is twice the power per port for only $30 more. It is definitely a charger for us high volume pac usage 4-6S users and it's brand name seems to be appropriate........Dynamite.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I've had this one for about 7mo. and so far it's performed great and can crank out 4 -6s 5000's in about 40-45 minutes in balance mode with out pushing it to the max..
                      https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...ischarger.html
                      With this power supply:
                      http://www.lipoconnectionsolutions.c...2415004MMB.htm

Comment

I was looking at the SkyRC D100, through TomTop, $89, 5% off plus free shipping, the only deal is China Post delivery. Out the door, $85.49.

Am tired of tracking single chargers, and sometimes I forget it on the car w the DC plug. This way I leave one on the vehicle, and have that one ready set on the bench.

Comment

Ended up buying the Hitec X2 through AMainHobbies, coupon code and no sales tax for me here in IL. Amazing charger, easy to use.
                          Its true what others say, the fans are very loud.

Comment

Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                            Ended up buying the Hitec X2 through AMainHobbies, coupon code and no sales tax for me here in IL. Amazing charger, easy to use.
                            Its true what others say, the fans are very loud.
                            I have the same one, works great but yeah the fans are loud. Just turn up the tv or music. LOL

Comment

Comment

http://ev-peak.com/CQ3.html Hot selling AC DC Four channel 4*100w multi function balance charger

Comment

I bought the Hitec because one can charge/discharge/condition, two at a time.

So far working good, only one day had a weird humming noise coming out of one of the fans, but it went away. For a moment I thought it spitted the fan bearings, still under warranty so will keep monitoring.

I do have the usual digital charger, well I got two, but are slow, and if pushing too much amps they get hot, I put a fan on those and stay on watch throughout the process.

Comment

Working...
                                  X