You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newer Admiral Lipos have different dimensions and weights... How come?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be a nice little 'convenience' upgrade to see happen in approx. 6 months.........make it happen Cap'n Tom ;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I've asked the balance leads to be increased to 3". I've not yet received a response about the order in production now. It may be too late for that order but it will happen sooner or later. Thanks for the feedback everyone and keep it coming - in all areas. We really appreciate hearing from our customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
        I've asked the balance leads to be increased to 3". I've not yet received a response about the order in production now. It may be too late for that order but it will happen sooner or later. Thanks for the feedback everyone and keep it coming - in all areas. We really appreciate hearing from our customers.
        Awesome! Thanks Tom! :)

Comment

I'm sure the new ones are better, but they are also a different length. Unfortunately, I build several custom planes around the old format (6S 5000), and there is simply not room for the length of the new battery. Is there any way to get the old format? I only have one left, and if I kill that one, I have a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
            I'm sure the new ones are better, but they are also a different length. Unfortunately, I build several custom planes around the old format (6S 5000), and there is simply not room for the length of the new battery. Is there any way to get the old format? I only have one left, and if I kill that one, I have a big problem.
            I have a couple that I'd sell that are in great condition if you're interested. (I too was sad to see the length inflate on the new line as it minimizes placement flexibility like you said)

Just PM me :)

Comment

New style..........Longer yes, but not as portly;). Those old fat bastards made it difficult to close battery hatches on some of my older birds.........no problem nowLOL
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                New style..........Longer yes, but not as portly;). Those old fat bastards made it difficult to close battery hatches on some of my older birds.........no problem nowLOL
                It's a give and take... I DID like the shorter design for the greater cg flexibility. I'm sure both perform similarly. :)

Comment

I have flown my FLRC Tigercat on the older and newer Admiral 4c 3000mah packs. There is definitely a noticeable improvement in performance with the newer packs.

Comment

I saw where there's a yellow-wrap "Admiral Pro" 4000mah 60C 6S battery in the lineup. Is there going to be a 60C or 65C version of the 5000mah size coming? I'd like to know before I buy the 50C ones.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                    X