X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do YOU measure the IR of a Lipo?

I'd like some recommendations on something that will measure the internal resistance of a Lipo battery.

I know some chargers do that but I'm not looking to buy a new charger.

DK......here's what I use. Affordable and pretty reliable and accurate.
    Got mine back in the middle of December and have been measuring all my new (4-4S & 6-6S) Admiral IR's and noting that with date on the backs of the packs.
    They been on sale for several months......a $30 meter for $10 plus shipping that cost $2.62, how can ya go wrong ??

Tenergy POWER, is our online store for TENERGY that brings our products and the same support directly to customers. Whether you just need basic rechargeable batteries for your HOME, business, school, or projects we're here to help!
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

How do you connect to it? I don't see anyplace for a charge lead. Do you only use the balance plug? Not much info on this. Doc

Comment

Doc; it will read from the balance cable.

Comment

Thanks Warbird Charlie, I just ordered one from eBay for $13.99 (shipping included). I know that $2 more than you paid but I'm OK with that. Turns out Tenergy has an eBay store.

Comment

For anyone else looking here is the eBay link.

Using the discharge function prior to charging your battery can maximize its runtime. The internal resistance tester lets you know when your battery is about to go bad, and should be discarded or replaced. | eBay!

Comment

I use this: http://www.progressiverc.com/univers...sis-meter.html
              more expensive, but it's tech is very precise.

Comment

Real useful!

Comment

Working...
                X