You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a voltage tester while in flight..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a voltage tester while in flight..

I've seen/read that it's ok to have one of those compact voltage testers on board while flying. Last wknd a friend and myself had an unexplainable crash with our birds and the only thing that I can narrow it down to is this tester. Anyone else run with one of these with any problems? Thanks in advance.

I've done that, and no, I've never had that problem.

Comment

Thanks Fred! From now on I'm just going to rely on my timer and forget about the voltage checker.

Comment

Just back from the field, ran 3 packs thru my FT22 with volt checker on it and no issue's. Think I'd dig a little deeper before I put that bird in the air again

Comment

The volt checker is not heavy?

Comment

The problem with using an onboard battery checker in the model is you can't actually see while the model is in flight. Unless you use a timer and time each flight the only other way would be to use an onboard telemetry system and have a read out on the TX screen.

Martin.

Comment

Martin, the voltage checker that I'm using has an extremely loud beeper when the preset setting is reached. I intended to use it as an audio alarm.

Crankestein......the unit is very small and light. 1"x1.250"x.375" at most.

Comment

I use 1 all the time. They have nill draw and are pretty easy to hear. That way I don't have to rely on the timer.

Comment

I use a low voltage monitor in most my RC airplanes that have propellers. The ones that use them on is my EDF planes since they are so loud there is no point. I use the timer on my transmitter and I have never had my RC crash due to the LVM. The LVM weighs very little.

Comment

Working...
                  X