Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all, I guess I was posting in the wrong place so here are my updates. I decided to scrape the old Tamiya connectors and replace them with XT60s. I also found a 7.4v 1000mah lipo battery that fits almost perfectly. I bench tested the new setup and after 19+ minutes at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle I decided to call it a night. The battery was warm the motor was very warm and the connector was cool to the touch. I was amazed at the run time.
    The new Lipo weights 64 grams however the old NiMh weighed 120 grams. So now my CG is messed up. I'm looking for weight. I was thinking fishing split shot?? Any ideas? BTW I still haven't figured out how to get the propeller of and haven't called Tower Hobbies yet.
    I'm also turning this into a full project thinking about metal pushrods. It's fun I like it.

Comment

Did you check the battery cell voltage after that run? LiPos don't like to be discharged too low - if it gets too close to 3.0v/cell (3.75 is best), it could be irreversibly damaged. It just seems more than 19 minutes run time is a bit excessive.
      Try getting some stick on tire weights.
      Have you been able to remove the spinner? If so, that should give you a clue as to how the prop comes off. The spinner may be glued on or pressure fit. Give it a gentle pull.

Comment

Yeah thanks for the feedback xviper2, as I was doing the bench test I had one of those little lipo alarms plugged into the balance port. I set it for 3.4 volts and after 19 minutes it was still reading 3.6 volts. I would think a 10 minute flight would be plenty.
        The spinner seem to be either glued or press fit on. As said before I don't want to damage anything so I will call Tower Hobbies sometime in the future.
        Once again thank you and I'll post any further changes. It's a fun hobby room project.

Comment

Sounds like you got a handle on it. :Cool:

Comment

Hello xviper, I bought a new FS-i6x transmitter and it seems to be a pretty good 10 channel radio. I'm just wondering if it will bind to DSM2/DSMX. I like some airplanes from Horizon Hobbies with receiver ready bind and fly systems however Horizon also wants to sell transmitters. ???
            Also I was able to finally get the propeller off of my Skyfly. It just needed a very firm pull.

Comment

Originally posted by thehorse View Post
              Hello xviper, I bought a new FS-i6x transmitter and it seems to be a pretty good 10 channel radio. I'm just wondering if it will bind to DSM2/DSMX. I like some airplanes from Horizon Hobbies with receiver ready bind and fly systems however Horizon also wants to sell transmitters. ???
              Also I was able to finally get the propeller off of my Skyfly. It just needed a very firm pull.
              I'm not familiar with FlySky (not to be confused with FrSky). FlySky appears to be one of the popular, but really cheap transmitters sold by Banggood (and others). I'm not sure it will bind to Spektrum. It might and it might not. If you already have the TX, it's easy enough to try to bind it to a Spektrum RX. Find a friend with a plane that has a Spektrum Rx and give it a go.

Comment

I found a receiver that's a Spectrum clone. It's called REDCON CM703 2.4G 7 channel receiver. It's compatible with DSM2 and DSMX and it sells for under $10 bucks at Banggood. For the price you can't go wrong. I'm waiting for my transmitter to be shipped. It's the new FS-i6X a 10 channel model that I paid $46.00 on a "flash sale". I'll keep you posted of changes. Thanks for your shout out.

Comment

:Hug:Learnt something...

Comment

Working...
                  X