All New Dynam B-26 Marauder - Pre-Order Today!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fpv plan for my carbon z T28.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fpv plan for my carbon z T28.

I'm planning to stick a main camera in the front cockpit with pan and tilt osd and the whole 9. I'm also thinking of utilising a second camera with tx and on it's own receiver for its own pan and tilt for a ride along unit. Just seems like alot or radio waves in the plane. I know there's alot of area, so I think it can be done fairly simply. I was just thinking how cool it would be for the rider to have some control over what they see as well.

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    I'm planning to stick a main camera in the front cockpit with pan and tilt osd and the whole 9. I'm also thinking of utilising a second camera with tx and on it's own receiver for its own pan and tilt for a ride along unit. Just seems like alot or radio waves in the plane. I know there's alot of area, so I think it can be done fairly simply. I was just thinking how cool it would be for the rider to have some control over what they see as well.
    No fear R.........The spread spectrum RF of the 2.4 radios has plenty enough band separation/isolation.
    The chances of you having an issue might occur if your were involved in a mass warbird gaggle whereas 80+ planes at once. Spektrum officially rates their DSM @ 79 channels.
    Flitetest actually achieved a record mass launch of 176 planes in 2106.
    Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10(RIP l/g parts used A-26), A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25), P-40E; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix Spitfire; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; NP O-2 Skymaster; ASM A-26 Invader; ESM F7F-3

Comment

Indeed, I can't wait to take my kids and other friends up for a ride in her. It seems like the perfect candidate for this venture. give them the feel of really bring in the back seat while I fly.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

No fear R.........The spread spectrum RF of the 2.4 radios has plenty enough band separation/isolation.
        The chances of you having an issue might occur if your were involved in a mass warbird gaggle whereas 80+ planes at once. Spektrum officially rates their DSM @ 79 channels.
        Flitetest actually achieved a record mass launch of 176 planes in 2106.
        You are talking about spektrum tx/rx, which operates on 2.4ghz. Most FPV equipment operate on 5.8ghz, and some of these bands/channels step on each other. My buddies(6 of us) and I have had it happen to us as we fly a variety of race quads and planes FPV.

I ended up contacting my buddy with runs the local mutiGP drone races and he gave me this solution:
        There are sets of channels recommended to use with up to 6 quads at once for racing. As new bands came out these sets kept changing. The new standard we've been using at our events is called IMD6C. It consists of R1, R2, F2, F4, R7, R8. This should help. For 6 months we've been using it and haven't had a single video issue at our races. All RHCP is fine too.

So we assigned each of us a channel for our vtx cards and goggles and haven't had a problem yet. If you are planning on running two separate vtx cards on one plane, you should be good as long as they are on any of the different bands/channels listed.

Good luck, can't wait to see your setup. That is a lot of gear and batteries you are adding to your plane!

Comment

Actually, the video downlink systems operate on an assortment of frequencies.

I have one that works on 2.4 ghz that was OK to use on 72 mhz aircraft. I don't dare turn it on at the local flying field now because it would take out every 2.4 ghz airplane in flight.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Indeed, and yes I have that as the plan, what I may do is run those systems on two 1500mah 3s packs that I will just mount with one of the many unused battery straps in the battery bay. That way each system has it's own power source and the forward camera I will run a osd for the pilot. Of course the main will be run off my horus, and the rear if I can get the problems figured out with my dx8, I will use it for that. At least it can still be Of use in some capacity. The good thing is for the time being I'm the only one flying fpv at my field currently. So I can use any of the combinations listed. Thanks for the advice, I will definitely make use of it while I put this together

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
              Actually, the video downlink systems operate on an assortment of frequencies.

I have one that works on 2.4 ghz that was OK to use on 72 mhz aircraft. I don't dare turn it on at the local flying field now because it would take out every 2.4 ghz airplane in flight.
              Originally posted by wricksta View Post

You are talking about spektrum tx/rx, which operates on 2.4ghz. Most FPV equipment operate on 5.8ghz, and some of these bands/channels step on each other. My buddies(6 of us) and I have had it happen to us as we fly a variety of race quads and planes FPV.
              While there are 1.2ghz and 2.4ghz long range equipment, 5.8ghz is the most widely used choice. And like you said, with most controllers nowadays using 2.4ghz, the use of a 2.4ghz vtx/rx video equipment is pretty much obsolete.

Rifleman - If you are going to run 2 separate pan & tilt cameras, you would need another controller/receiver/battery setup for the passenger correct? This sounds like a pretty cool setup, pls tell me you are going to start a thread on the build. Subscribing!

Comment

Yes I will, when I get all the parts and stuff together the build will absolutely live here!

Comment

Working...
                X