All New Dynam B-26 Marauder - Pre-Order Today!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROC Hobby V-Tail glider for FPV...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROC Hobby V-Tail glider for FPV...

Since I got engrossed into FPV last year, I have several gliders & planes I will be converting for FPV. Months of homework/research produced some great setups for FPV & always the goal to minimize weight as much as possible. While doing my usual winter servicing/testing of all my planes for the upcoming flying season, I was checking the V-Tail for operation/functions, it suddenly popped into view as a really good looking platform for FPV. I already had been stocking up on components since last fall & started to assemble what looked to be a great, easy-to-do configuration. The cockpit was nice sized & the layout appeared to be an easy transformation. I laid out all the parts, carefully slid my Exacto along the canopy to remove it. Came off nicely. I already had a cam pan setup ready for another glider, so I decided to use it. The tiny Eachine TX03 camera was perfect. I had (6) Turnigy 1S 2000mah small Lipo's that would fit the bottom of the cockpit perfectly. After marking all the areas needing cutting, I put everything in place. Hmmmm.....looking good. Next was to get to the Tx programming required to get the pan feature to work. Now, that took some grey matter, although after a half-dozen trials, it all came to fruition. I'll post pics of that setup on the following updates. Here's a start of the pics & the links of the components I'm using.

Denny

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-TX0..._warehouse=USA

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalogs...igy+2000mah+1S
    Attached Files
    Positioning the cam mount. Marked the plywood edged for location & tilt. Cut opening in canopy for cam & antenna. Battery outline to cut opening. Battery positioned & marked. Foam cut & battery fit perfect.
    *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
    *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

That should be a nice setup

Comment

Working...
    X