Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating On Air

What a beautiful day to fly yesterday! This was with my Phantom 4....
    Lauren

Nice vid, I went fishing with my son and a friend yesterday. Had a great day.

Comment

Sounds nice and relaxing FF!!! There is nothing better than a day with your son too. And thanks and HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!
      Lauren

Comment

DANG, Lauren!!!! You are good!!!! Really enjoyed your vid! Doc

Comment

Why thanks Doc!!! :) :) :)
          Lauren

Comment

That's really cool. What is the range on that thing and how long does the battery last??

There was a guy flying one of these during our annual fun fly, the winds kicked up at one point but the phantom wasn't bothered a bit by it. Pretty amazing!

Comment

That was nice and relaxing. Sure is pretty there in Maryland.

Comment

Originally posted by danloc78 View Post
                That's really cool. What is the range on that thing and how long does the battery last??

There was a guy flying one of these during our annual fun fly, the winds kicked up at one point but the phantom wasn't bothered a bit by it. Pretty amazing!
                You're right! It is crazy stable even in gusty winds! The battery lasts just about 20 minutes or so depending, as usual, how hard you are pushing it. It has a "sport mode" that allows it to zip along at about 50mph. The batteries are not cheap. $159 per battery... As far as range, they publish a 3.1 mile range but I am sure that is probably not a hard and fast number. The farthest I went in that video was down at the end of the cornfield (although it looks more like dirt than corn LOL) and that was .45 miles with trees behind me and between the quad and me as well as a big rock. I still had 5 bars reception on video and controller. I'm impressed!
                Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                  That was nice and relaxing. Sure is pretty there in Maryland.
                  Thanks Prowler! :)
                  Lauren

Comment

I don't know if it would be worth it to try what you did around these parts...pretty much just dirt and rocks, but it can be pretty dirt and rocks. Wait a minute... the mountains! Will that thing fly at 10,000 ft.? Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                      I don't know if it would be worth it to try what you did around these parts...pretty much just dirt and rocks, but it can be pretty dirt and rocks. Wait a minute... the mountains! Will that thing fly at 10,000 ft.? Doc
                      Yes!!!
                      Service Ceiling 19685 feet (6000 m) ASL
                      Where do you live Doc? Dirt and rocks in a golden sunlight are awesome looking!
                      Lauren

Comment

Santa Fe NM. Almost 20,000 Ft.?!!! Sheeez! Doc

Comment

One mighty fine video. Think this is the best I've watched. Music, very relaxing and enjoyable. Thanks for the share. I'll remember this one on days when my b/p is up.

Thanks again.

Jimmy
                          Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by skillett View Post
                            One mighty fine video. Think this is the best I've watched. Music, very relaxing and enjoyable. Thanks for the share. I'll remember this one on days when my b/p is up.

Thanks again.

Jimmy
                            Thank you kind sir! :)
                            Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

Thank you kind sir! :)
                              Lauren..........glad to see you back home on the Squawk after such a loooooooong hiatus.
                              I see that you had two other posts about a month ago but I missed those to welcome you back then.
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U & F7F and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150

Comment

Flygirl Welcome back, Lauren! Please don't be a stranger, we miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Lauren..........glad to see you back home on the Squawk after such a loooooooong hiatus.
                                  I see that you had two other posts about a month ago but I missed those to welcome you back then.
                                  Hi ya Charlie!!! Yep, still alive! LOL! How's my hometown doing? You must be getting snow today? Raining like crazy here. Still flying when the weather cooperates. This summer I taught my cousin in Waverly how to fly. Sort of that is. I gave him an old glider I had and bought him a cheap FlySky 10 chan radio. The glider didn't last so I got him a SportCubS and that seems to be working. We'll see next summer. Myself, I've been experimenting some. I bought a Jumper T16 to learn OpenTX and use Crossfire to make a smallish FPV mid-range plane. It's a work in progress with OpenTX still but I'm learning. You guys still flying up on the hill? I got a new phone and lost your number. If you still have mine, send me a text so I can get you back in. Flew a couple of times down at Hickories Park.as well as at Waverly H.S. and up around the lake. What are you flying these days? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NefhHDAshp4&t
                                  Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                    Flygirl Welcome back, Lauren! Please don't be a stranger, we miss you.
                                    Oh Alpha, I will.:) You have no idea how much I drool over the planes here on Motion but my flying sites need belly landers or big wheels. That's why I'm happy to see your Skynetics brand starting up.I'm interested in both planes in that brand. The glider for my cousin and the speed demon for me. Both belly landers. Wooohoooo! ;)
                                    Lauren

Comment

Welcome back Lauren! Nice to see you posting again.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                                        Welcome back Lauren! Nice to see you posting again.
                                        Thanks much Boomer! Good to see so many still here. :)
                                        Lauren

Comment

Working...
                                        X