X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobius Mini recording issues

My Mobius Mini records, and video quality is great. The problem is, the camera is creating a new file every 3 minutes of recording rather than one whole file from start to finish. It's making it a pain when i go to pull the content off the camera and put it on my computer, in order to have a full flight video i have to edit the two or three files together. Any ideas on how to make this stop? It's not a huge burden, but a thorn in my shoes none the less. Thank You
    Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%

I don't know about a Mobius Mini but my Mobius takes movie clips in 20 minute segments. Check the menu to see if there is a selection for segment time. You're probably going to edit your movies anyway. Something Windows Movie Maker will easily stitch segments together and you won't even see a gap. You simply click and paste the movies into the Movie Maker and it just does it.

Comment

I've used moviemaker in the past for airshow footage. Yes, I will end up editing them all together at some point I'm sure. Was just curious as to why it automatically defaults to 3 minute segments? I didn't see anything in the instructions about it either.
      Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%

Comment

You can change the default of 3 minutes by going into the M-Setup, making the change to what you want. SAVE the change and your good to go.
        Lon

Youtube channel:* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKc...goSkIdw85eZfPA

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, P-51D Iron Ass
        Fliteline P-38L Pacific Silver
        Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver Island Wings
        Freewing Pandora

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post
          You can change the default of 3 minutes by going into the M-Setup, making the change to what you want. SAVE the change and your good to go.
          Is this done through the camera itself or through a computer?

Comment

Do you not have instructions? If I recall correctly, since the Mobius doesn't have a display screen, it must be hooked up through your TV or some other external monitor. You should have received a video patch cable for hooking up to a TV or a USB cable for a computer. That's the only way you can see which menu item you are looking at.
            Here is a PDF instruction manual:
            http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobiusmi...MiniManual.pdf
            Hook it up and go through all the menu items and set it up for how you want it. That's a good way to set time or turn off the time display altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
              Do you not have instructions? If I recall correctly, since the Mobius doesn't have a display screen, it must be hooked up through your TV or some other external monitor. You should have received a video patch cable for hooking up to a TV or a USB cable for a computer. That's the only way you can see which menu item you are looking at.
              Here is a PDF instruction manual:
              http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobiusmi...MiniManual.pdf
              Hook it up and go through all the menu items and set it up for how you want it. That's a good way to set time or turn off the time display altogether.
              Awesome. Thanks for the link. I'll definitely give this a try.

Comment

Spec450, you can change the length of the recording limits in the GUI (Graphic User Interface) which can be downloaded for free. Check out post #3 in the Mini Mobius thread at RCG

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...g-questions%29

It is pretty easy to use once you have it downloaded and installed. It allows you to change and set a lot of the cameras features. Plus, once you have it loaded, it works with most of the Mobius cameras as well as the old 808 key fob cameras I believe.

Comment

Great! Thanks for all the help gents

Comment

Originally posted by spec450 View Post

Is this done through the camera itself or through a computer?
                    Through a computer. Need to go to Mobius web site and download the M-setup. Then connect your camera to your computer and utilize the setup software to make any changes
                    Lon

Youtube channel:* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKc...goSkIdw85eZfPA

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, P-51D Iron Ass
                    Fliteline P-38L Pacific Silver
                    Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver Island Wings
                    Freewing Pandora

Comment

I use Linux and just modify the syscfg2.txt file. Follow the manual to have the camera generate the file. Modify it. Then same method to have the camera read the file. No malware needed.
                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

My mobius 2 purchased recently from Motion RC had an issue out of the box with audio not being synchronized to the video. A firmware update cured that.
                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
                        X