X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Edge 130 shutting down

So I have a couple successful flights and now my ESC keep shutting down. It powers up just fine and seems to initialize as it should. As soon as I engage the motor with or without blades, it shuts down. No power to the flybarless controller or anything. I have looked at the logs and can't see anything obvious. No spikes or high temps. I have the log saved if anyone want's to see it. I emailed CC but I thought I would try here as well. Here are the details of my setup:

CC 130A ESC
    Scorpion HKIII 4025-890kV
    RT 5000mah 70C 6S (same result w/8S)
    Ikon 2 FBL
    iX12

Just trying to get some opinions/thoughts before I look at sending it in. Thanks y'all!

See if you are getting a voltage drop that triggers LVC.

Check connectors to see if they are getting hot. Running high current you can melt the solder joints and then the wires shift and you get a bad connect the next time or the wire falls out of the bullet.

Your ESC logs won't show a faulty connector by any measure other than voltage drop. If the solder joint has gone bad that drop can be so rapid the ESC will shut down as soon as you power up the motor, then it may not show on the log.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The connectors weren't getting hot but I was planning on looking at the solder joints tomorrow or the next day. They aren't easy to get to unfortunately but it does seem like one of them could be suspect. It does make sense now that I think about it that what's happening may not show in the log. I will post what I find.

Comment

I took the ESC out and the connections were tight and the solder joints feel strong. I may hook it up to a spare motor I have laying around and see what it does. Is there a way to verify that solder joints are sufficient or a way to verify a voltage drop before it shuts down?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
        X