Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, it you have to power a lot of servos, one of these may help: https://www.servocity.com/servos/ser...g/power-boards

Comment

What is the best voltage setting for the Castle10? It is default for 5.1volt, but I have some planes with digital servos. Would 5.5volt be better?
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

You need to search for the Voltage limits of the servos. Some are rated 6V (five NiCd cells), so can go up to about 7.5V, the full charge of a NiCd pack, and others say 4.8V, so maximum 6V. Newer servos can be powered directly by 2S LiPos.
        I generally use 5.5V, just to make the servos a little more responsive, at the expense of a bit more current to the analog servos.

Comment

Expert opinions please I'm working on a plane , and this is my first where i'm going to have a seperate BEC.
          I have all my parts now for my Hanger 9 Spitfire. Ready to do my soldering/wiring of my ESC and BEC. And start assembly of this Spitfire
          Question on wiring. Should i NOT deviate from the provided wiring diagram? OR....as in the pictures i took, wire my ESC & BEC in the way i've laid it out in the pics? Pic 2 & 3 are the same configuration. As you can see, going 12s.

Thanks,
          Lon

Click image for larger version

Name:	BEC 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	125123Click image for larger version

Name:	BEC 2.jpg
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	125124Click image for larger version

Name:	BEC 1.jpg
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	125125 ​​​​​​​
          Lon

Youtube channel:* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKc...goSkIdw85eZfPA

Hanger 9 Spitfire
          SIG T-Clips 70
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, P-51D Iron Ass
          Fliteline P-38L Pacific Silver
          Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver Island Wings
          Freewing Pandora

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post
            Expert opinions please I'm working on a plane , and this is my first where i'm going to have a seperate BEC.
            I have all my parts now for my Hanger 9 Spitfire. Ready to do my soldering/wiring of my ESC and BEC. And start assembly of this Spitfire
            Question on wiring. Should i NOT deviate from the provided wiring diagram? OR....as in the pictures i took, wire my ESC & BEC in the way i've laid it out in the pics? Pic 2 & 3 are the same configuration. As you can see, going 12s.

Thanks,
            Lon
            Lon........Don't deviate from the drawing. The way you have it laid out on the table is a serial setup for 12S which is fine so far until you jam that down a 6S BEC.
            In the drawing the BEC is only getting fed by one (1S-6S) battery.
            Warbird Charlie

ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10 Artic Thunder(100+ parts to rise again), A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25), P-40E; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix Spitfire; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; NP O-2 Skymaster; ASM A-26 Invader

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Lon........Don't deviate from the drawing. The way you have it laid out on the table is a serial setup for 12S which is fine so far until you jam that down a 6S BEC.
              In the drawing the BEC is only getting fed by one (1S-6S) battery.
              Thanks OV10!!
              Lon

Youtube channel:* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKc...goSkIdw85eZfPA

Hanger 9 Spitfire
              SIG T-Clips 70
              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, P-51D Iron Ass
              Fliteline P-38L Pacific Silver
              Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver Island Wings
              Freewing Pandora

Comment

Working...
              X