X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbyeagle A3 Pro

I have installed this into my free wing Avanti with a 10 channel Admiral receiver. Whenever I switch it to auto level or trainer mode the stick input changes on my service whenever I move my elevator up-and-down its jumpy in moves in a - - - or skip like motion. It moves very smooth whenever I turn this feature off. I've messed with the gains I've done calibration I cannot get it to do right can anybody help me with this or do I need to call motion and possibly exchange it for another one.

Originally posted by BrandonTW82 View Post
    I have installed this into my free wing Avanti with a 10 channel Admiral receiver. Whenever I switch it to auto level or trainer mode the stick input changes on my service whenever I move my elevator up-and-down its jumpy in moves in a - - - or skip like motion. It moves very smooth whenever I turn this feature off. I've messed with the gains I've done calibration I cannot get it to do right can anybody help me with this or do I need to call motion and possibly exchange it for another one.
    I use the A3-L and I have never been able to make the auto level work. When I switch it on, the plane goes crazy and would nearly crash if I don't switch out it quickly. As with you, all the level calibrations have been done (more than once). I just don't use that mode.

Comment

The exact same thing is happening with me.

here is a link to a YouTube video I made to demonstrate:

https://youtu.be/QCAVK0oufyY

Comment

I am just about to install the Hobby Eagle A3 Pro in my F-22. I have used the A3 and A3-L gyros in my F-16, MiG-21, and F-15 with great success.
        What I noticed in the A3 Pro, is that the pots for gain adjustment are for Ail, Ele, and Rud. On the A3 the pots for gain adjustment are for "Normal Gain", Auto-balance Gain", and "Auto-hover Gain". And on the A3-L, there are only 2 pots for gain adjustment, and these are for "Normal Gain" and "3D AVCS Gain". On all of my setups, I have the Master Gain setup on my Left slider to increase or decrease (and disable completely) the gyro. If I setup the A3 Pro the same way, will all 3 gains for Ail, Ele, and Rud all increase/decrease with the use of the Master Gain setup? Will the amount of gain be relative/proportional to the sensitivity settings that are set for each of the pots for Ail, Ele, and Rud? If I turn down the gain for any one of the 3-axis, will the gyro cease to function for that particular axis? I am going to install and test it tomorrow, but I thought I would see if anyone has any answers to these questions regarding the functionality? Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          I use the A3-L and I have never been able to make the auto level work. When I switch it on, the plane goes crazy and would nearly crash if I don't switch out it quickly. As with you, all the level calibrations have been done (more than once). I just don't use that mode.
          Hey Viper!
          The A3 has the auto level, the A3L has the sport mode/3D mode. I always leave the 3D pot on my A3L's turned all the way off and just use the sport mode. My FL Spitfire has the A3 in it with sport mode/auto level which works fine on auto level mode. You may be getting your gyros mixed up.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Hey Viper!
            The A3 has the auto level, the A3L has the sport mode/3D mode. I always leave the 3D pot on my A3L's turned all the way off and just use the sport mode. My FL Spitfire has the A3 in it with sport mode/auto level which works fine on auto level mode. You may be getting your gyros mixed up.

Grossman56
            You're right. My very first HobbyEagle was the A3 that I put into my SebArt Mig29. Still have it programmed with auto-level but I don't dare ever use it. It also had "hover mode", which is use with success. My second Mig29, I put in 2 of the simpler Freewing 3-axis gyros and they work perfectly for what I want the plane to do. All the ones since have been A3-L's and I've never used the 3D (gain turned off).

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyJet62 View Post
              I am just about to install the Hobby Eagle A3 Pro in my F-22. I have used the A3 and A3-L gyros in my F-16, MiG-21, and F-15 with great success.
              What I noticed in the A3 Pro, is that the pots for gain adjustment are for Ail, Ele, and Rud. On the A3 the pots for gain adjustment are for "Normal Gain", Auto-balance Gain", and "Auto-hover Gain". And on the A3-L, there are only 2 pots for gain adjustment, and these are for "Normal Gain" and "3D AVCS Gain". On all of my setups, I have the Master Gain setup on my Left slider to increase or decrease (and disable completely) the gyro. If I setup the A3 Pro the same way, will all 3 gains for Ail, Ele, and Rud all increase/decrease with the use of the Master Gain setup? Will the amount of gain be relative/proportional to the sensitivity settings that are set for each of the pots for Ail, Ele, and Rud? If I turn down the gain for any one of the 3-axis, will the gyro cease to function for that particular axis? I am going to install and test it tomorrow, but I thought I would see if anyone has any answers to these questions regarding the functionality? Thanks...
              Master gain, if utilized, will control all gains in a proportional manner. If you've got gain reduce on one axis, then the master will control it in the range that is set for it. IE, if you have gain on AIL turned down to 25%, then the master will go from 0% to 25% at full crank of the knob.
              In the case where you have only 2 gain pots, "normal gain" affects the gain on all 3-axis as does 3D gain. Your master gain knob will adjust those gains proportionally but I recall correctly, there's a slight "catch". If you have some 3D gain dialed in, when the knob is at 12 o'clock, all gains are zero. Turn it to the AM and the light goes blue, indication "normal gain" control. Turn it to the PM side and the light goes red, indicating 3D gain control. Like I said before, I turn 3D gain to zero.
              The master gain on your A3 Pro should do something similar. This can easily be tested by setting the master gain at the extremes and moving the plane and observing the response from all the control surfaces. At one end you should see no response. Try mid-range master gain and you begin to see all of the surfaces respond a little. Move to full master gain and you should see a lot of response on all axis. (Unless you've got one of the surface gains turned very low or off.) You should always do such tests before the plane leaves the ground.

Comment

Working...
              X