X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How te revert an AR636A to factory setting of original model

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum and hope I'm at the right place.

Background
    I found the stab system on the AS3X AR636A so annoying that I started reading and watching tutorial on how to re-define it. I got it on my Aeroscout 1.1 by Hobbyzone (https://www.horizonhobby.com/aerosco...1m-rtf-hbz3800). I got myself the Spektrum bluetooth cable in order to reproram te RX, downloaded the iphone app - and there I went. Unfortunately, It was far from self-explanatory and I messed up the original setting of the model - nothing works properly and I have the idea that the RX isn't really open for programming.

Questions

1. can I revert to the original setting the RX came with on the Aeroscout 1.1?
    2. Is this RX open to programming?
    3. does the Bluetooth connection offer precisely the same programming capabilities as the USB connection?

Hope so much anybody here can help.

1,2. Are you sure you have the 636A and not the 636? According to the Horizon site, the Aeroscout comes with the 636, which may be difficult to alter but since it seems you've already changed it, I suppose it's possible to mess with it. The receivers with the SAFE built in can be tricky and can easily be ruined with the wrong type of input from an APP.
    Go here to download the receiver config. file and try to put it back into the RX: http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...rodID=SPMAR636 There is one for the Aeroscout.
    3. Having used both the Bluetooth dongle and the USB dongle, the Bluetooth is the best way to do it. The USB can be problematic to connect.

For future reference: It is not advised to fool around with the programming unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing and you understand what all the numbers mean and what happens when you change them. Of special note - don't mess with receivers that are already programmed with SAFE or GPS functions.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      1,2. Are you sure you have the 636A and not the 636? According to the Horizon site, the Aeroscout comes with the 636, which may be difficult to alter but since it seems you've already changed it, I suppose it's possible to mess with it. The receivers with the SAFE built in can be tricky and can easily be ruined with the wrong type of input from an APP.
      Go here to download the receiver config. file and try to put it back into the RX: http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...rodID=SPMAR636 There is one for the Aeroscout.
      3. Having used both the Bluetooth dongle and the USB dongle, the Bluetooth is the best way to do it. The USB can be problematic to connect.

For future reference: It is not advised to fool around with the programming unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing and you understand what all the numbers mean and what happens when you change them. Of special note - don't mess with receivers that are already programmed with SAFE or GPS functions.
      As for your last note - lesson learned, for sure!!.

Yes, I'm positive this is the 636A (have it right next to me). I found the config file, but using the iphone, are you I can upload the file via bluetooth back to the rx?

Comment

Originally posted by urimel View Post
        but using the iphone, are you I can upload the file via bluetooth back to the rx?
        This I can't say. You have to have some way of putting that file into the AS3X programming APP on your phone. Check that website to see if they give any instructions as to how to do this. Or call up Horizon tech help line. I've only ever put files onto my TX, never onto a receiver. Usually, when a receiver is locked, it doesn't even let me get in to see what's there. The other option is to go to a hobby store that has the plane, get them to let you hook it up to your APP and tell it to put the files on the APP, label it and then go hook up your plane and tell it to put that file into the plane.

Comment

[QUOTE=xviper;n214751]
          This I can't say. You have to have some way of putting that file into the AS3X programming APP on your phone. Check that website to see if they give any instructions as to how to do this. Or call up Horizon tech help line. I've only ever put files onto my TX, never onto a receiver. Usually, when a receiver is locked, it doesn't even let me get in to see what's there. The other option is to go to a hobby store that has the plane, get them to let you hook it up to your APP and tell it to put the files on the APP, label it and then go hook up your plane and tell it to put that file into the plane.[/QUOTE

Thanks xviper, you've been really helpful. Going to try figure it out and will give a follow-up here - might become handy for other novice explorers, as myself :)

Comment

How do I return an AR637T Spectrum receiver back to factory settings

Comment

Originally posted by ian.brear@gmail.com View Post
              How do I return an AR637T Spectrum receiver back to factory settings
              Forward programming, other settings, factory reset.

Comment

Working...
              X