X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR636

I just got a replacement rx the AR636 from Spektrum. My only concern is now is the SAFE option available in this rx?
    I had SAFE in my old AR636A rx but is the 3 axses stabilisation the same as SAFE?

If it's an "open" 636, it'll be "empty" and must be programmed. AS3X can be programmed but SAFE may not be possible without a downloaded file. If they sent you an actual replacement for the model you have, then it's programmed just like the stock one you had. Hook it up to a smart phone APP or to your computer with the the APP to see what's on it. You won't be able to see if it has SAFE. Spektrum seems to hide that stuff from the end user. The only way to know is to put it into the plane and fly it. SAFE is NOT the same a AS3X. AS3X is the gyro stabilizer. SAFE is the feature that limits bank, pitch and possibly even yaw angles - ie, you cannot do a full roll or a loop.

Comment

They didn’t send one like the one in my Viper. I’m pretty sure it’s an “open” AR636
      and will connect to the programmer with the programmer cable soon. The one still in the Viper
      is an AR636B. But let’s see if my new DX9 will fix the connection issue before i “swap”
      the AR636B with the AR636.

Thank’s

Comment

After connecting it to pc with Spektrum programmer
        i could se safe select is installed on this ar636.

Comment

I have an AR636A receiver out of a crashed Eflite Spitfire. I tried to install it in a similar tail dragger. At first SAFE and 3ASX seemed to work properly but then I noticed that in SAFE the elevator reaction to tilt the aircraft up and down was reverse to what it should have been. Tilting the wings work perfect with ailerons moving to level the aircraft. I mounted the receiver as close to CG as I could with ports facing forward. Any ideas other than reprogramming?

Comment

Hard to say. I heard that safe select receivers from one specific plane won't work the same in a another plane. If you have the Spektrum programmer cable Maybe you could program safe with this?
            Maybe others will chime in on this ?

Comment

Originally posted by scottnp View Post
              I have an AR636A receiver out of a crashed Eflite Spitfire. I tried to install it in a similar tail dragger. At first SAFE and 3ASX seemed to work properly but then I noticed that in SAFE the elevator reaction to tilt the aircraft up and down was reverse to what it should have been. Tilting the wings work perfect with ailerons moving to level the aircraft. I mounted the receiver as close to CG as I could with ports facing forward. Any ideas other than reprogramming?
              It's no longer necessary to place a gyro device at or even near the CG of a plane. It can be placed almost anywhere in the body of the plane, so that is not a factor in your case. Since the gyro response direction is incorrect for one of your control surfaces, your only choice is to go into the RX with the APP and reverse the gyro response (NOT stick response) direction for that axis (elevator in your case). Is the rudder gyro response OK? You can't just go into the TX and reverse that servo. Your problem is not "stick" response. It's "gyro" response. Not only is your SAFE response incorrect for that axis, your AS3X is also incorrect. If you fly it that way, it will drive itself into the ground.
              PS. Make sure that the ports are supposed to face forward. In many (if not most) planes with 636 RXs, the ports face to the rear.

Comment

Working...
              X