X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral RX600SP 6-Channel DSMX Compatible Receiver with Stability Plus Gyro

I have installed this one in my plane and when turned on it squicks (small bip) from time to time - anybody who knows what that is?
    Second question: when setting the dip-switches they talk about J4 J5 J6 but not about ALE, ELE, RUD - what should they be - I have placed them on ON, ON, OFF - ?

Those dipswitches tell it what kind of wing type you are putting the device into. ON/ON/OFF for J4,5,6 means you've selected a "normal" wing. Is that what you have?
    Did you read the quick start guide and view ALL of the available videos (there are 8 of them) on the set up? Dipswitches 1,2,3 will have something to do with AIL, ELE and RUD direction of gyro correction. Then there are the gain pots for those control surfaces.

Comment

Hi xviper - yes it is a normal wing - I did see alle the videos but didn't find anything about dipswitch 1,2,3 - so maybe there is my problem

Comment

Originally posted by balloservice View Post
        Hi xviper - yes it is a normal wing - I did see alle the videos but didn't find anything about dipswitch 1,2,3 - so maybe there is my problem
        Then you should have seen where James mentions about discussing dipswitches 1-3 in a later video. That would be the 7th video entitled "direction correction".

Comment

Also note: these settings J4, J5, J6 apply to the gyro settings... the Tx has to be set up to match the aircraft configuration for control.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnyb8 View Post
            Also note: these settings J4, J5, J6 apply to the gyro settings... the Tx has to be set up to match the aircraft configuration for control.
            That is not quite true. J4,5,6 are for "wing type" (ie, "mixing"), not gyro settings except to turn it OFF. J1,2,3 is for gyro direction and the gain pots are for gyro sensitivity. It's those, that control gyro "settings".

Comment

I've been using this receiver for years on my bigger planes because they just work! I've never had a glitch with any of them and I've probably ordered and set up10-12. I've become kind of a "pro" setting them up and usually use Combo 3 with the on/off switch on my transmitter. A tip for those who are setting them up is to ALWAYS set it up first in Combo 1 with the RECOVERY button or switch and the gain pots turned all the way clockwise. The reason is that you can absolutely see for sure which way the flight control surfaces are deflecting when you tilt the airplane left or right or up or down and then hit the RECOVERY button/switch. The flight control surfaces will travel to the maximum throw and stay there while the button/switch is held in the RECOVERY mode and you can see for certain if it's deflected in the correct direction to get the plane back straight and level.. This way there are no surprises at the field having the flight control surfaces accidently reversed (seen it happen with the most experienced flyers). Once you have confirmed that everything is set in the right direction, you can then change to Combo 2 or Combo3. Just remember to turn the gain pots back to the 10 or 11 o'clock position. Now I'll get off my soap box and ask a question....

Today I decided to set the receiver in Combo 1 and using the bind button for RECOVERY. I did this because I have a Pitts and a Tigercat where sometimes I momentarily lose or question orientation due to the sun or sky background. I thought it would be useful to have a RECOVERY back to straight and level, just in case of that "oh s&%t" moment, so I tried it for the first time today on my Pitts. I got up 3 mistakes high and put it into a steep bank and hit the REVOVERY button and it made a steep dive. Not at all what I was expecting, but I was prepared. Tried it a few more times and it would correct to straight and level as long as the plane was NOT in a steep bank or climb/dive. When in a steep bank or climb/dive (the oh s&%t attitude), and I hit RECOVERY, it would go into a dive. So the bottom line question... Why is it going into a dive only when recovering in a steep attitude?

Comment

So, you have had a glitch then?!! What you're saying is that it's only been today that you've given recovery a try. Setting this up has rarely been the issue here. Maybe that's why you've "never had a glitch" in the dozen or so you've purchased. "Recovery" mode has always been one of the features of this device that has been problematic and glitchy. I've mentioned a couple of times that with the equivalent Lemon iteration of this product, "recovery" has often resulted in the plane going "crazy". It simply does NOT always work. It's been mentioned that this is no different with the Admiral version. Thus, a critical emergency feature that is unreliable makes for a very handicapped device. If you never need or want "recovery", then this becomes the "perfect" product for you.

Comment

I don't know so much if it's a glitch or not yet... I need to spend more time with it later this week and see if it's something that needs to be tweaked. Some people on RCgroups said that if you mount the receiver with the front pointing down 10 degrees, it corrects that issue. Not sure about that! I may give MotionRC a call tomorrow and see what they say. I've just always use COMBO 3 and never had an issue. I also used it on Avanti today.

Comment

Analogy ............................... Your friend orders up a pizza with anchovies. You hate anchovies and perhaps are even allergic to them. You pick out all the anchovies from your slice and eat it and declare it was and has always been the best pizza you've ever eaten. After 12 such adventures with your friend to the pizza joint, you try a slice with anchovies and your lips swell up but not too badly. Next morning, you say you might have to do the test again because maybe it was a fluke and perhaps you need to shoot your EpiPen first (or some other "tweak") before the pizza comes to the table. So, was it the best, most perfect pizza you've ever had or was it a pre-mature declaration? The other patients of your allergy doctor has and continue to tell you that those pizzas are not the best and are problematic but because you've always eaten them without the anchovies and there's "never" been a problem with them.

Comment

That's freaking funny. I'm going to have to share this with my wife. As a person, me, whose allergic to onions but loves Italian, Mexican, Indian, Thai, this cracks me up. Fortunately it's not a anaphylactic response, a crashed plane. I just feel sick all night..You are describing every other Friday night for me. When will I learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X