FrSky Transmitters and Receivers

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admiral RX600SP 6-channel DSMX with Stability Plus Gyro

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Old_Man View Post
    Hi Warbird Charlie, according to Motion RC, yes, it will do that and I just spoke with them to confirm it. Thanks. I asked several times to make sure that I was stating correctly what I meant. I hope there was no confusion on what I was saying to the representative.
    Who did you talk to? The gyro has a recovery mode, it's not an auto level.

    Comment


    • #22
      Please watch this video which displays the gyro and what it does.

      Comment


      • #23
        And this one to see the setup and install. Lots of good info

        Comment


        • #24
          I reluctantly accepted Old_Man's comment that Motion CS indicated it had auto-level.
          So my original input on post#18 was correct.
          I trust what you say Ryan......
          Warbird Charlie

          ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10 Artic Thunder(100+ parts to rise again), A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25), P-40E; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix Spitfire; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; NP O-2 Skymaster; ASM A-26 Invader

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

            Who did you talk to? The gyro has a recovery mode, it's not an auto level.
            Sad to see that Warbird Charlie had RELUCTANTLY accepted comments.

            I spoke to BRAD more than one time on this topic.

            He informed me that the capability is similar to that of the SAFE TECHNOLOGY and that if the sticks are left alone the plane will go to straight and level.

            Is Brad misinformed Ryan?

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by Old_Man View Post

              Sad to see that Warbird Charlie had RELUCTANTLY accepted comments.

              I spoke to BRAD more than one time on this topic.

              He informed me that the capability is similar to that of the SAFE TECHNOLOGY and that if the sticks are left alone the plane will go to straight and level.

              Is Brad misinformed Ryan?
              The plane will act like any other plane if you let off the sticks, it will need you to get back on the sticks. The only way it would self level is if you were in recovery mode and you continually held down the bind button/recovery button. In which case the plane would be hard to fly because it will be trying to stay level. That is because it's a recovery function not a bank limiting training aid. This is only with recovery function being activated.

              similar but different safe has beginner, intermediate and experienced modes as well as some of the self leveling features. Also when you hit the panic button the plane recovers.

              ours is a stabilizer that can easily be set to have the desired gain you want. With ours you must hold the recovery button down until you achieve the desired result. This is because the rx is not designed for any particular plane. The end user is the one who determines when the desired result has been reached.

              if I'm inverted and I just tap the recovery button it will only begin to recover. I must hold it down until the plane has righted itself, as demonstrated in the video.

              Comment


              • #27
                Ryan, I now see some comments stating that the receiver is essentially a "copy" of the LemonPlus but with changes to the firmware. And, those changes which have simplified things may have diminished the full capability for auto-leveling although it is still there. I am not sure if the receiver is what I need, or not, at this point. Maybe you can communicate with Brad and let me know what is what? Would like to use your product if it will satisfy the mission required. I just saw your response above while writing this most recent comment. I will filter your statements. And thank you for the input.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

                  The plane will act like any other plane if you let off the sticks, it will need you to get back on the sticks. The only way it would self level is if you were in recovery mode and you continually held down the bind button/recovery button. In which case the plane would be hard to fly because it will be trying to stay level. That is because it's a recovery function not a bank limiting training aid. This is only with recovery function being activated.

                  similar but different safe has beginner, intermediate and experienced modes as well as some of the self leveling features. Also when you hit the panic button the plane recovers.

                  ours is a stabilizer that can easily be set to have the desired gain you want. With ours you must hold the recovery button down until you achieve the desired result. This is because the rx is not designed for any particular plane. The end user is the one who determines when the desired result has been reached.

                  if I'm inverted and I just tap the recovery button it will only begin to recover. I must hold it down until the plane has righted itself, as demonstrated in the video.
                  OK, thank you for comments above. I believe that I understand. It might be helpful to ask, as well, what does the LemonPlus do that the Admiral does not? This might help also to more clearly identify the differences.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by Old_Man View Post

                    Sad to see that Warbird Charlie had RELUCTANTLY accepted comments.
                    Is there a reason for the capitalization of reluctantly ?
                    No need to be sad..........the reluctance was because I do know a lot about this technology but I don't profess to know it all thus the reason for saying I learned something while taking your word on it.
                    Warbird Charlie

                    ScaleTech OV-10 Bronco; HSD A1 Skyraider; FlightLine: F7F-2D, P-38 Allied Green, Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51 Marie, F4U Olathe, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1500 Razor, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-10 Artic Thunder(100+ parts to rise again), A-6, P-51 Iron Ass; VQ: P-39, JU-52; LX PBJ-1(B-25), P-40E; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco, Catalina; Phoenix Spitfire; Maxford Antonov AN-2; Starmax L-4 Grasshopper; Eflite 1100 T-28 float; Tech1 P40; NP O-2 Skymaster; ASM A-26 Invader

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Does anyone know if this rx has the failsafe on it like some of the others?

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Anyone out there have experience setting up the Admiral RX600SP with a Spektrum DX7s? If so , I'd like some info on how to set the mixes to turn stability on/off. I can't seem to find that info in the documentation for the RX or for the DX7s

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X