Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Pilot I am trying to set up a RX600 SP in the new L 39 it has the blue control box with a DX18. The receiver works with the original function but the Gyro does not turn on I have followed all the instructions on the videos that motion RC has posted any help would be highly appreciated thank you.

Comment

RX600 SP Installation question ... I will be mounting my receiver in an inverted position position. AM I going to be ok with the standard basic installation.
      Thank you.
      Rick

Comment

Mounting the RX inverted reverses the yaw and pitch. (if you kept it pointed the same way forward)

Generally to avoid confusing the gyros, mount it upright with the correct end pointed forward.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thanks for the reply ... my problem is that the receiver is going to be mounted into the fuselage of a low wing mounted aircraft. Unfortunately I have no access to to the area through the canopy. I really don't want to get into a non standard installation, and perhaps I can work something out by pre-mounting the receiver normally, and installing it on rails ... just a thought. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Florida View Post
            Thanks for the reply ... my problem is that the receiver is going to be mounted into the fuselage of a low wing mounted aircraft. Unfortunately I have no access to to the area through the canopy. I really don't want to get into a non standard installation, and perhaps I can work something out by pre-mounting the receiver normally, and installing it on rails ... just a thought. Thanks again.
            Although it is recommended to mount this RX right side up, it can be mounted inverted. You must re-calibrate the orientation of the gyro. It also has dip switches that you can use to reverse the gyro response direction. Do all of this after installation and the product should work. It is up to you to check all control surface response and all gyro direction response before you fly it.

Comment

Has anyone encountered any problems with the gyro not initializing after reversing the gear switch? I have two of these mounted in 70mm Hawk and Hornets. I recently switched all of my aircraft gear positions to all match but after doing so, the gyro will not initialize. Works fine in gyro off mode. All I did was change the gear switch from gear up-down switch position to gear up-up switch position. Went back to the original setting and it works fine. It's not a huge deal, but I would much rather have the switch setup the same for all of my planes and the up=up, down=down makes much more sense.

Thanks in advance! Btw, I love the receiver/gyro! Easy to program and get dialed in as far as gains. Have not tried one in any of my larger jets yet but have one on standby for the 8s F4 once I get it trimmed out.

Comment

Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
                Has anyone encountered any problems with the gyro not initializing after reversing the gear switch? I have two of these mounted in 70mm Hawk and Hornets. I recently switched all of my aircraft gear positions to all match but after doing so, the gyro will not initialize. Works fine in gyro off mode. All I did was change the gear switch from gear up-down switch position to gear up-up switch position. Went back to the original setting and it works fine. It's not a huge deal, but I would much rather have the switch setup the same for all of my planes and the up=up, down=down makes much more sense.

Thanks in advance! Btw, I love the receiver/gyro! Easy to program and get dialed in as far as gains. Have not tried one in any of my larger jets yet but have one on standby for the 8s F4 once I get it trimmed out.
                Look at the monitor and see what the end point numbers (for the gear channel) are for when it used to work to when you reversed it and it no longer works. Make sure the end point values are the same but at opposite ends of the gear switch travel. It should read something like -100 to +100. When you reverse it, it should be the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Look at the monitor and see what the end point numbers (for the gear channel) are for when it used to work to when you reversed it and it no longer works. Make sure the end point values are the same but at opposite ends of the gear switch travel. It should read something like -100 to +100. When you reverse it, it should be the opposite.
                  Good tip! I will look at that when I get home. Thanks!

Comment

Has anyone encountered any problems with the gyro not initializing after reversing the gear switch?
                    Yes; I have experienced that. I called Motion with the plane in front of me and after some quick troubleshooting the guy had me set the 5% in the mixes to a NEGATIVE 5% (-5%) and that fixed it. I guess I like to run my gear switch the opposite of just about everyone else. I wish I could remember the guys names, he was very helpful and smart.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Yes; I have experienced that. I called Motion with the plane in front of me and after some quick troubleshooting the guy had me set the 5% in the mixes to a NEGATIVE 5% (-5%) and that fixed it. I guess I like to run my gear switch the opposite of just about everyone else. I wish I could remember the guys names, he was very helpful and smart.
                      Awesome, thanks!! I plan on flying this morning and will try that out!

Comment

Awesome, thanks!! I plan on flying this morning and will try that out!
                        Any update? Did that fix your issue?

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Any update? Did that fix your issue?
                          Sorry about that. I only get online a couple days a week. I did what you suggested with no change in the Hawk but it did work in the Hornet. Both with identical setups as far as I can tell. I am probably going to take the gyro out of the Hawk anyway as it's locked in without. I have a couple Lemons and an Eagle sitting around that I haven't gotten around to using as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X