X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral RX600 SP

I recently bought this Admiral RX600SP gyro receiver a week ago and set it up per instructions, works perfect but next day to play with and perform preflight noticed did not work just getting solid red and green no matter how I change mode still no change tried using bind switch to change mode no change found.Gyro stays in off position no movement on flight control. I'm using it on my freewingYAK130. And spectrum DX6i. Need your help and advise,THANKs.

Did you use both plugs to change modes?

Comment

Did follow all step on instructions procedure no change at all, Reset and restart from the beginning by disconnect and reconnect servos and esc's plus rebounding it and or using bind switch on TX (DX6i)TX still no change no matter what mode are you in (Still solid red & green).Just don't know if became defective.

Comment

The dip switches must be set for type of aircraft as well. Nothing works if they are not set.

Comment

I did double checked I had J4,J5,J6 are in "ON" position. No change @ all. My last option is to try it on different aircraft.

Comment

got that right and yes I did. Even on Youtube video instructions still didn't as well. Hoping this item is returnable nor exchange to Motion RC .

Comment

If all dip switches are on that's flaperon set up. J6 should be off for normal plane.

Comment

To me that really matter , I or we can select a type of wing as long as I see any movement of flight control with just gyro and no stick input but I don't see it, still stay solid red& green , I just did a bench check , I took gyro of the plane and hook up my spare servo and esc's set it up as instructed and found no movement in any mode and combos. Hoping there is a troubleshooting guide on this by manufacturer. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

It does matter though. It won't let you set it up if it's wrong.

Comment

G650 sounds like something has changed on the radio . Start out making sure you did not change your throttle adjust to where it has engaged the motor . Maybe bumped the trim up or stick is moved up some . Also you do not need the J6 switch in the ON position . That plane has Flaps and should be placed in the 6th position on the RX . All the other connections should go as normal . I have a few of these with the Spektrum radio and have never had any issues . Are you wanting to use it like the AS3x system ? If so you don't need to do any of the On Screen setups . Just bind and go . If needed you can adjust the Gains on the pot controls to more or less , mine are at 50% and was great .
                    Start with everything back to as out of the box and try these steps . Let us know . If there is any change to the Throttle to start the motor it will NOT WORK . It's for safety .

Good luck and let us know .... Bryan
                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

You maybe right on that tx part. i may have change nor move the trim or stick accidentally while bind that gyro receiver , because i had the motor disconnected to tge esc's while binding gyro with two bind plug. I may have that throttle stick move when turn on rafio and I remember i heard my esc's beeping. That might could be the issue. In that case i will reset my esc's program too. I know i did not cooked my gyro receiver because receiver part is working. just no gyro. But its weird even if J6 is in "ON" position it was working fine. But I will try this again. Hopefully it will work. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Finally I got the Admiral RX600sp to work ,Disconnect all servos from the receiver / gyro and reconnected just esc's and reprogrammed it , then reconnected all servos and set it up per instructions and selected mode blue and combo A , checked , tested and inspected ops normal except won't select mode from bind switch . I may need to assign it thru mixing .

Comment

Set mix per QuickStart guide. We've made videos on this except we use a dx6.

Comment

Cool, Thanks I'll do that>

Comment

Make sure that the Gear Servo Switch is not in the reversed position. That happened with me then I found that the gear servo was reversed. Hope that helps!

Comment

Roger that.

Comment

Is it true that if you quickly click on the mode button in mode 'A' you can toggle between beginner and advanced ? Im aware that if your press and hold the mode button you can change the mode

Comment

Originally posted by Stosh View Post
                                    Is it true that if you quickly click on the mode button in mode A you can toggle between beginner and advanced gyro settings?
                                    That's not the way I read it in the instructions. You must quickly press the "micro button" to toggle between blue and green lights. This gives "advanced" and "beginner" recovery modes. This is covered in point 4 on page 2. It's not so much "gyro" settings but is for a different rate of recovery.

Comment

Thanks once again X! I won't receive my rx600sp till Monday. So I haven't had the opportunity to read the instructions yet. I watched a You tube video regarding this and it wasn't really clear what it actually controlled. Just gathering info and opinions. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Stosh View Post
                                        Thanks once again X! I won't receive my rx600sp till Monday. So I haven't had the opportunity to read the instructions yet. I watched a You tube video regarding this and it wasn't really clear what it actually controlled. Just gathering info and opinions. Thanks!
                                        Not sure it will come with instructions. If it's anything like the Hobby Eagle stabs, you'll have to download the manual from the MotionRC product page.

Comment

Working...
                                        X