Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are using digital servos they often twitch. Try an analog servo and see if it does the same.

Comment

• Is it necessary to use the capacitor that comes with the A3L?

Comment

• Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
        Is it necessary to use the capacitor that comes with the A3L?
        "Necessary" is a point of view. It's insurance. Some believe in insurance. Some don't. I have several HobbyEagles gyros in planes with NO capacitor and none have presented any problems. Those were from the days before they provided the capacitor with each unit. I also have 2 more that I have the capacitors and they, too, work flawlessly. It takes nothing to plug it in, so if there's room for it why not.

Comment

• Awesome. What is the reason for the caps anyway? If you dont mind i ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
            Awesome. What is the reason for the caps anyway? If you dont mind i ask.
            I believe that there were a few reports of failures due to power loss in the RX and this created some problems with the gyro and/or RX. The capacitor was added as a way to stabilize and/or maintain sufficient voltage for just long enough in hopes that the primary cause of the power issue was momentary. I'm not so sure that this was ever conclusively proven one way or the other by anyone, thus, the appearance of this little device. I personally, have never heard of these reports and have not heard any further reports after the cap was introduced. It's not unlike the season we had at one of our clubs here where a few guys were crashing and the typical response was, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED". So, in an effort to come up with a reason other than pilot error or equipment failure, it was determined that cellphone emissions were to blame. Somebody high up in the club researched it and decided that was the ONLY reason for these crashes. Everyone who is flying or near anyone who is flying MUST turn their cellphones off. It wasn't long before this became a pile of BS since guys were still crashing for "unknown" reasons.

Comment

• I have flown all my jets and warbirds with the A3L without the cap. No issues at all (knock on wood).

I think it also may be rx brand related (or protocol). I run flysky. Love it. Never an issue and extremely affordable. I can buy me a jetti right now but why? My i10 does everything i need.

Anyway so I'll just keep flying without the cap since i never had any issues. If i suspect anything I'll pop one on. They go on the rx right? Or it doesnt matter?

Comment

• Yes, it just needs to feed into the RX in some way. Most convenient is the bind/ artery port since it’s usually empty, but it can be “Y’d into any port.

Comment

• Perfect. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X