Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the pre programmed AR636 in about 15 planes. The self correct never takes 50ft of altitude. It's tenths of a second with the flip of a switch. I suppose if you are headed straight down open throttle it might take 50 ft...but then you are liable to rip the wings off of whatever it's in. I wrote a post earlier about these...wondering if anyone read it..HH will send you a pre program receiver if you ask them for the P47 one. They slip right into just about any warbird. Hell I even have one in a Flightline ME262 and it works great. No screwing around with files trying to figure out what to do. Set it up on a toggle on/off. They are 79.00 shipped. They even help a lot with landings in heavy cross winds. You do have to set them flat and stable, oriented towards the front of the plane as close to the CG line as you can get. I use heavy duty double sided tape. Almost every warbird is set up the same even twin engines so the P47 receiver from Eflite is a drop in on almost every plane I have. Slowly putting them in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
      I use the pre programmed AR636 in about 15 planes. The self correct never takes 50ft of altitude. It's tenths of a second with the flip of a switch. I suppose if you are headed straight down open throttle it might take 50 ft...but then you are liable to rip the wings off of whatever it's in. I wrote a post earlier about these...wondering if anyone read it..HH will send you a pre program receiver if you ask them for the P47 one. They slip right into just about any warbird. Hell I even have one in a Flightline ME262 and it works great. No screwing around with files trying to figure out what to do. Set it up on a toggle on/off. They are 79.00 shipped. They even help a lot with landings in heavy cross winds. You do have to set them flat and stable, oriented towards the front of the plane as close to the CG line as you can get. I use heavy duty double sided tape. Almost every warbird is set up the same even twin engines so the P47 receiver from Eflite is a drop in on almost every plane I have. Slowly putting them in everything.
      Nice to know that the 636 doesn't take that much to recover. My reference of 50 ft. was for the Bigaole, which uses GPS to sense altitude corrections.

Comment

It is pretty much instant. Even nicer is with signal loss you can set the receiver up to circle at altitude until signal is regained. I have been flying for a loooong time and first ran across these receivers when getting my granddaughter into flying. As well behaved as her little Apprentice was out of the box I started looking into the 636. It had a learning curve because I had no information other than trial and error at the time. I had never flown with a gyro either..that probably didn't help. Heck I don't like flying without the backup system now. Lose orientation..click..no issue. Wind is running 15 to 20 mph..click..no issue. Amazing little receivers. A plane that is just an absolute bear to land on a windy day..click..no issue. I swear they probably drop my blood pressure when flying now...lol

Comment

I have taken out my AS3X (AR636a)receiver and installed it into another aircraft. I understand that is a no no but the interesting thing is everything works albeit that I needed to reverse the servos in order to have all the flight controls and flaps to operate in the proper direction. The gyro and SAFE also works. I am just wondering if anyone else had tried this with success.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Florida View Post
            I have taken out my AS3X (AR636a)receiver and installed it into another aircraft. I understand that is a no no but the interesting thing is everything works albeit that I needed to reverse the servos in order to have all the flight controls and flaps to operate in the proper direction. The gyro and SAFE also works. I am just wondering if anyone else had tried this with success.
            It appears many have done this. Just read the posts in this thread and you'll see some have done it and some have had problems. Read the very first post and you'll see the details.

Comment

Working...
            X