Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one, same radio,JR X9303,DSM2 protocol.

airplane: Phoenix 2000

This time was not that bad, was able to somehow for a brief moment get some signal and the plane landed upside down on a cutout corn field. Just some minor ding on the left wing.

Am done w it, not even gonna sell the radio, to the dumpster it goes.

This is the 4th plane, happened also w a small scale brushless nice J3 Cub, and that one had the dual antennas receivers. Its impossible that four receivers, be it brand or not, fail, and different applications, glow and electric. There is one common factor, the radio.

On the other hand, am using a Futaba 10J on five airplanes and no brownouts w brand and third party rxs.

Comment

Old threads and I've seen these problems before where the RC enthusiast did not understand their problems. Only to get rid of their equipment and gets a different manufacturer's equipment and then they were happy because supposedly ( no more brownouts ).

First of all, a brownout is not a loss of signal. Losing signal can cause a crash but it's not a Brown out. Bad antenna placement could cause you loss of signal and loss of control and a crash so that is something to take into consideration but

What a brownout is, its the BEC or receiver battery or the connections that fail if only briefly enough to start working again causing a brownout which is the receiver rebooting. In this time It could result in a crash. There is a simple fix for this and it's a lot cheaper than replacing your equipment.
      It's called a better Bec or reliable power source to receiver. It's not rocket science.
      You say, but my new equipment doesn't do that anymore. Well actually maybe it probably does and you don't know it. Or the failsafe selected just keeps the aircraft going like it was before the brown out. It may have happened in the period of time which you weren't aware that it actually happened. How do I know this? Because the people who gave me their equipment because they didn't want it anymore because they had loss of control, I I still use that very equipment that they gave me today with 100% reliability. At first I had the problems too until I figured out it was the BEC which worked with my other equipment much better but, not guaranteed.
      The facts are no equipment was going to not brown out with a really bad BEC or receiver battery or power source connected to it. Even the flight pack battery contacts can cause this. The facts are any system can Brown out if you put in a inadequate power source on it. Some systems just do a better job dealing with inadequate power sources. It's still a bad power source.

Comment

Working...
      X