X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well... I think my first gen dx8 finally died

I cannot get more that 250 yards out of this radio... I cannot trust it with anymore planes. I've lost 3 planes already 2 with ar8000 with sat receivers. And 1 with a lemon rx 6ch. All of those have previously been able to fly 1/2 mile plus no problem. I was able to recover 2 planes however, the 3rd is still somewhere on my land. The only common denominator is my radio.

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    I cannot get more that 250 yards out of this radio... I cannot trust it with anymore planes. I've lost 3 planes already 2 with ar8000 with sat receivers. And 1 with a lemon rx 6ch. All of those have previously been able to fly 1/2 mile plus no problem. I was able to recover 2 planes however, the 3rd is still somewhere on my land. The only common denominator is my radio.
    The bright side is you can now get assistance from "bitchin betty" on any of the gen2's telling ya everything ya wanted to know about various operational conditions. :Cool:
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

The voice system is not great. Volume is too low even on max. Any glow or gas model flying in the vicinity will make it so you can't hear the vice output without connecting an amplified speaker.

They also need some different options about what gets announced when with telemetry.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

The bright side is you can now get assistance from "bitchin betty" on any of the gen2's telling ya everything ya wanted to know about various operational conditions. :Cool:
        I thought about that for sure

Comment

I found i like the horusx10, however I found other places selling $20 less than motion in the US. However I have to check what shipping will be to decide rather I go with motion or the other company who sells it at 349

Comment

Let us know what you find, rifleman_btx. I love my Horus X10. We're building out a video series specifically for fixed wing pilots, and I'm working on providing downloadable Program Files for our most popular models from Freewing, Dynam, etc, including Name, Photo, Rates, Timer, Sounds, etc that match our instruction manuals, in order to make setting up a new airplane even easier. Most of the other retailers are geared toward multi-rotors.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I would much rather order from you most definitely

Comment

Working...
              X