X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for a beginner's radio

I'm considering getting my dad a 6 channel radio for xmas, and getting him started with my Dynam Hawksky. With my limited research, the Spektrum I looked at (DXe 6) will likely need some sort of cable in order to program certain things (either to a phone or computer). I was hoping to get a little more guidance here as I don't want to confuse the old man (not very favorable reviews for the phone application). Or if I should consider another brand altogether, let me know. Thanks so much.

purduephigam , I have had the Tactic 650 and it's a good radio . If your wanting to use the Admiral or the Spektrum rx's , both you can get with some Gyro assist on them, you will need to go with the Spektrum . The DXe6 will only hold ONE plane . So if he gets anymore Planes into his fleet he can only us this radio for the first plane . I would suggest the DX6 which has lots more features and programing abilities .It also has the room for 250 different planes so as to keep the adjustments you set for each plane . The Detrum is also available with a Gyro assist but is only compatible with the Detrum rx's . It offers up to 30 different planes . The Detrum has a friendly price point . I can't speak for it as I have never used it yet . If you look thru the radios and watch the videos Ryan goes go over the Detrum radio in detail . I wouldn't waste the money on a single use radio , meaning it only holds one plane instead of 30 or 250. They have a much better adjustment on everything which is much better. In the future you'll wish you had gotten a radio with more .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
    X